Cadets Stop Rehearsals

Chase is giving the money to whoever gets the most votes. I'd say that that is the best, most fair way to do it.

• Like 1

Well I don't know why anyone would purposefully do that...and if this Liebot was being sarcastic, then I apologize for the outburst, but how am I supposed to know?

I take things like this seriously.

Well at least people know where I'm coming from.

/rolls eyes

Trolls depend upon people like you who may not routinely utilize online spaces and don't recognize such behavior. It's nothing on you; it's clear to those who interact more frequently in online environments.

Chase is giving the money to whoever gets the most votes. I'd say that that is the best, most fair way to do it.

Let's keep in mind that no one is requiring Chase to distribute this money. Ergo, the right thing to do is allow them to distribute it as they see fit. They've chosen this path which supports advocacy and awareness for a variety of great causes. Ultimately, if only a handful of individuals take action past voting, the campaign has made an impact. How many people learned of a new nonprofit organization as a result of voting for the drum corps involved? I had not heard much about Petfinder prior to these discussions; the campaign, designed and executed willingly by Chase using their own funds, achieved the goal of raising awareness.

Cadets are so close! Since 6:00pm they have picked up 1,300 votes, to get to 17,600. If that holds, they would end up in 2nd to Petfinders, but the other other groups are probably picking up last minute votes as well.

Vote Cadets!!! (and other top 10ers, DCI, BD, SCV, and I believe Glassmen is right up there as well)

• Like 1

Although I was kind of trolling, there is a little bit of honest belief in those statements. That said, I have no problem with the money going to whichever charity gets the most votes. I just think people should be voting for those types of more "serious" things instead of drum corps. But I'm not you, so far be it from me to tell you that you're wrong for voting for Cadets. Just trying to start some conversation about it.

Edited by liebot
  • Like 1

Although I was kind of trolling, there is a little bit of honest belief in those statements. That said, I have no problem with the money going to whichever charity gets the most votes. I just think people should be voting for those types of more "serious" things instead of drum corps. But I'm not you, so far be it from me to tell you that you're wrong for voting for Cadets. Just trying to start some conversation about it.

i'd like you to provide some evidence of this, please. otherwise, it's just an opinion.

i, also, am just trying to start some converation about it.

Cadets are so close! Since 6:00pm they have picked up 1,300 votes, to get to 17,600. If that holds, they would end up in 2nd to Petfinders, but the other other groups are probably picking up last minute votes as well.

Vote Cadets!!! (and other top 10ers, DCI, BD, SCV, and I believe Glassmen is right up there as well)

Glassmen are actually comfortably ahead of SCV. But all the corps need the last minute votes!!!

i'd like you to provide some evidence of this, please. otherwise, it's just an opinion.

i, also, am just trying to start some converation about it.

Unfortunately most of my evidence in regards to this matter is anecdotal, so I'm afraid you'll have to rely on my word and your own belief in the independence of your existence. HTH.

Wheras I see drum corps as a pretty serious charity. It completely changed my life for the better. I would not be where I am, doing what I'm doing if it wasn't for my drum corps experiences (and since this is an anonymous board....y'all are just going to have to take my word on that :tongue: )