Pioneer's Tenor Line?!?!

If you cannot write coherently, summer school is probably a better use of your time than marching DCI.

x2

Edit: But seriously though. No tenor line? That seems crazy. Just seems to me that a drumline without tenors would just sound "wrong." Anyway, best of luck Pio, hope you have a great season!

Edited by BroncoTrooper

x2

Edit: But seriously though. No tenor line? That seems crazy. Just seems to me that a drumline without tenors would just sound "wrong." Anyway, best of luck Pio, hope you have a great season!

It's not uncommon in the marching band world. It's "different," for sure, but I wouldn't say it's "wrong."

It's unfortunate that Pioneer didn't have the appropriate caliber of musicians audition for the tenor line this year. But props to their staff for not being afraid to "cut" the tenor line from their battery palette rather than "force" unprepared students into a potentially negative situation.

I heard from a friend of mine marching there that they had a line coming to everydays but they somehow got lost or took a wrong plane or something. He just texted me the other day saying they went for a run in the fog that moved in and got lost again, last he heard they were in Illinois. But who knows, that's just what I've heard.

• Like 1

I heard from a friend of mine marching there that they had a line coming to everydays but they somehow got lost or took a wrong plane or something. He just texted me the other day saying they went for a run in the fog that moved in and got lost again, last he heard they were in Illinois. But who knows, that's just what I've heard.

So your friend is saying Pioneer's tenor line is stuck in a Steven King book?! :tic:

So your friend is saying Pioneer's tenor line is stuck in a Steven King book?! :tic:

Maybe. It's scary but that's what he told me lol. Hopefully they find their way back. I would tell you first hand if they make it back since I got to head out there next weekend, can't get out there because of school conflicts. But maybe it will turn into a Stephen King story with them. But if anybody sees them wandering by would you mind helping them out? It's greatly appreciated by the line.

Somebody here stated months ago that Pioneer wasn't marching tenors this season. Not because they couldn't find any - because of the show design. I think it will be interesting. I usually enjoy what they put on the field.

• Like 1

It's not uncommon in the marching band world. It's "different," for sure, but I wouldn't say it's "wrong."

There have been years where the band I write for did not march a tenor. If I need that sound, I have used concert toms in the pit. Worked out fine.