Best Sound?

I know that I prefered Phantom's drumline sound from last year, but then Scouts hornline sounded awesome (if still a little lacking in depth). What are your favorite sounding groups and sections?

• Like 1

I'm sure I sound like a broken record, but as of recent, Crown's hornline.

There isn't even any comparison to that sound for me.

• Like 1

I'm sure I sound like a broken record, but as of recent, Crown's hornline.

There isn't even any comparison to that sound for me.

Gotta agree. Blue Stars, Madison, and maybe Phantom are nice too. Phantom is definitely a different sound though.

• Like 1

Crown's hornline first, most definitely. (Call me a honk!) Cavaliers, Blue Stars, and then Madison (with DvD at the helm), in that order.

• Like 1

BK.

Blue Knights have consistently put out some of the fullest sounding hornlines over the past half decade or so. I couldn't care less where the judges put them, they are really the only corps my ears actually ring from on a consistent basis.

Glad you said it. At finals, I can almost count on them to mark a shift in class. BK doesn't get the credit it deserves most years for the full, sweet sound they make.

HH

Gotta agree. Blue Stars, Madison, and maybe Phantom are nice too. Phantom is definitely a different sound though.

Definitely different, though I'm never quite sure if it's quality or just loud.....(don't get me wrong though! Their 2010 show was one of my favorite ever.)

Definitely different, though I'm never quite sure if it's quality or just loud.....(don't get me wrong though! Their 2010 show was one of my favorite ever.)

It's quality loud. Sometimes loud for effect, which is an effect, so I guess that the quality part isn't the emphasis. I really enjoy their sound though.

Edited by jjeffeory

It's quality loud. Sometimes loud for effect, which is an effect, so I guess that the quality part isn't the emphasis. I really enjoy their sound though.

Oh me too. They are face-melting at its finest.

Bluecoats.

Especially since 2007. Just wow.

Edited by DCIfan90
  • Like 1