Which Corps has the Fittest Members?

This is true

BUT

Thats in a perfect world. I honestly doubt every girl in this activity is at the same level as every other guy in drum corps. Keep in mind some girls might have the physical strength, but lack the mental strength to keep pushing. From experience i have seen girls break down far more than i have guys.

Yeah, pretty much girls shouldn't be in drum corps. They can't take it. Plus they have cooties.

This has to be one of the best FAIL posts I've ever read, ihate.

Until men start having babies, you will NEVER convince me that girls lack mental strength. Who survived in the Donner Party? The Girls, that's who. It's the girls who have the mental strength, son. The boys wimp out.

• Like 3

How do you know who had the "hardest" shows. Did you perform them all? I'm relatively sure you didn't and probably have no clue how hard half of the drum corps shows are for any corps whether they look difficult to you or not.

The Top 8 corps had more demanding programs than Madison. Given your signature, I'm not downing your response. Pure physical demand on the body and entertaining are in no way correlated; your home team had one of the best shows in Finals this past season.

I'll forgive the person attack because I clearly struck a nerve by mentioning your team. I did not mean to demean Madison in any way. And yes, I can gauge RELATIVE difficulty (perhaps not actual difficulty but in this case, it's moot because we're talking in comparison) in many cases as can many with either kines. backgrounds or modern marching experience. I marched, don't worry.

Edited by DrillmanSop06

Well I know for the past couple of seasons you can spot some "larger" members of the Blue Devils... Since the law suit settlement at any rate... from what I hear! :ph34r:

haha. you'd be surprised.

So you performed every other show that you're claiming is not as difficult as the Cavies shows during the mid-late 2000s were? That seems unlikely.

Now if you're saying you performed several of those Cavies shows, maybe I believe you, but then you're just proving the point that you don't have any clue what the f*** you're talking about and have no way of comparing the difficulty of those shows to anything else.

For what it's worth, I think Cadets 93 is probably the hardest show of all time. Go watch that show again and tell me that they're not running around the field as much as any corps in the 2000s and I'll tell you that you're biased and have absolutely no credibility.

• Like 1

I see a lot of people getting really upset on here about something that is pretty much a physiological fact: men, ON AVERAGE, have more muscle than women.

What does that have to do with fitness in the context of drum corps? I'm not entirely sure, but you people that are all getting on your "WOMEN ARE EXACTLY THE SAME AS MEN" high horse need to realize that while clearly not every single man is more muscular than every woman, it's pretty much a fact that on average men are larger and have more muscle.

Now, that's not everybody on this thread, so don't get all uppity with me and complain about me mischaracterizing your point, but there are some people overreacting.

• Like 1

Trolls!!

For fittest corps, I would say maybe phantom. I saw a picture on Facebook of a phantom camp and a kid being weighed by the staff. Seems intense to me. At least until the season starts.

And in the end the majority of all marching members in dci are going to be in tremendous shape and comparable to members in other corps...

The Top 8 corps had more demanding programs than Madison. Given your signature, I'm not downing your response. Pure physical demand on the body and entertaining are in no way correlated; your home team had one of the best shows in Finals this past season.

I'll forgive the person attack because I clearly struck a nerve by mentioning your team. I did not mean to demean Madison in any way. And yes, I can gauge RELATIVE difficulty (perhaps not actual difficulty but in this case, it's moot because we're talking in comparison) in many cases as can many with either kines. backgrounds or modern marching experience. I marched, don't worry.

Oh my god, thank you all knowing drum corps god for not "downing my response." I don't know what I would have done with myself if you exceptional drum corps intellect had "downed my response." Good for you that you marched. I marched as well and thanks to my experience I am well aware that any corps inside and many outside of the top 12 all have difficult tasks to perform in their shows. However, I'm happy you seem to have such a supernatural ability to determine the difficulty of everyones show...have a fun time judging everyone this summer as I enjoy there hard fought products that they display to their fullest.

• Like 2

Oh my god, thank you all knowing drum corps god for not "downing my response." I don't know what I would have done with myself if you exceptional drum corps intellect had "downed my response." Good for you that you marched. I marched as well and thanks to my experience I am well aware that any corps inside and many outside of the top 12 all have difficult tasks to perform in their shows. However, I'm happy you seem to have such a supernatural ability to determine the difficulty of everyones show...have a fun time judging everyone this summer as I enjoy there hard fought products that they display to their fullest.

...if you say so! :thumbup:

• Like 1