Academy 2011

Academy 2011  

96 members have voted

1. 1. Where will the Academy place at finals?

I worry that corps like Academy are going to get burned with Open Class in the finals this year. Well, I've never actually seen Blue Devils B or Vanguard Cadets perform, but I assume they'd rank in the low teens in an all out competition. Am I off the mark?

Without Open Class in the mix, I think Academy has a great shot at 12th this year. I really enjoyed their show last year so I wish them all the luck in the world.

At 2010 Finals I thought Blue Devils B could have pushed Crossmen for that 17th spot, but that's about it. Magic 2002 was a definite anomaly. Even the year The Academy won Open (D2?) I don't think they would have pushed higher than 15th or 16th in an "all-out" Quarterfinals.

The World Class corps closer to the bottom of the standings (in 2010, Pioneer, Cascades, Jersey Surf, Teal Sound, Mandarins) should watch out, though. Semifinals is Top 25 this year, and I can see three or four (maybe even five) Open Class corps sneaking into Semis and maybe bumping a World Class corps or two out. I think every Open Class corps that does make Semis will be in the 17th-25th range, however.

I'm very excited to see Academy this year! I've heard some "bits" of the show music and I'm loving it already!! :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

I worry that corps like Academy are going to get burned with Open Class in the finals this year. Well, I've never actually seen Blue Devils B or Vanguard Cadets perform, but I assume they'd rank in the low teens in an all out competition. Am I off the mark?

Without Open Class in the mix, I think Academy has a great shot at 12th this year. I really enjoyed their show last year so I wish them all the luck in the world.

No Open Class corps will finish in the Top 12. Guaranteed.

• Like 3

there is no way a open class corps will make finals. There are just to many world class corps that are on fire in june!

there is no way a open class corps will make finals. There are just to many world class corps that are on fire in june!

I agree. If they were World Class Division Top 12 caliber, they would not be competing in the Open Class. Open Class Corps are filled with predominently younger, more inexperienced, and typically a bit smaller Corps in size...especially guards. These Corps can be very entertaining however. But the chances of an Open Class Corps making World Class Division Top 12 is just not in the cards.... but could they break into the Semi's ? Well, we are about to find out, as this year they are eligible.

Edited by BRASSO

Does anyone know why the Academy starts tour a week after everyone else. Sure, they have their home show, but that doesn't require much transportation. Is it to save gas/travel money, or just to make sure they have a very good product before starting the tour?

(I know they aren't the only one that does this, so if anyone knows why the other corps do it too, I always wondered this).

Edited by eutocoatrompa