Crossmen 2011

FINALLY, a show that ACTUALLY grooves. I've gotten so tired of hearing about "the Crossmen groove" and then getting nonsense music books thrown at me.

• Like 3

I think I'm becoming a fan again. Even sounded to me like a famous drum lick of years gone by is in there

• Like 1

WHITE AUSSIES , GLOVES , GAUNTLETS , AND PLUMES I HEAR .

Very 1992 look.

reports say Brass line is smoking .

Will they beat SCV this year? :thumbup:

Saw Bones at the Southlake Drum Corps eXtravaganza yesterday. Great weather and location for this event, hopefully Crossmen will make this an annual event. The community seemed to embrace this event and learned a lot about drum corps. The meet and greet at the end was wonderful with corps members remaining in uniform to meet the public. It was fun getting to talk to the kids and encourage them as they embark on tour.

That said - I am pulling for this bunch. They DO have a groove this year and the brass sounds terrific. Spinning Wheel and Hallelujah were tunes I enjoyed most and you could hear the improved sound the corps is pushing. Also, the corps looked visually terrific while they endured 30 mph wind gusts and a talkative Miss Southlake taking up about 20 minutes of talking and singing. The corps stood perfectly still. I am looking forward to see how they look moving.

The white plumage looks good on the Aussies!

Also - took some time to ask about a patch worn on the uniforms this year. A volunteer of the corps affectionaly known as Freebird passed recently and the corps asked to memorialize him in a special way. A classy patch was created with his initials, nickname, and corps logo stitched into the right shoulder. Very classy move and apparently membership driven.

I spent (WAY more than I intended) some dough on souvies, but the Texas corps that I've been wanting to pull for since they moved here is now one I want to get behind. Great sound, terrific look, and now very human members that seemed happy to get the personal attention afforded them at this event. Go Bones - you hooked a new fan for the summer!

Saw Bones at the Southlake Drum Corps eXtravaganza yesterday. Great weather and location for this event, hopefully Crossmen will make this an annual event. The community seemed to embrace this event and learned a lot about drum corps. The meet and greet at the end was wonderful with corps members remaining in uniform to meet the public. It was fun getting to talk to the kids and encourage them as they embark on tour.

That said - I am pulling for this bunch. They DO have a groove this year and the brass sounds terrific. Spinning Wheel and Hallelujah were tunes I enjoyed most and you could hear the improved sound the corps is pushing. Also, the corps looked visually terrific while they endured 30 mph wind gusts and a talkative Miss Southlake taking up about 20 minutes of talking and singing. The corps stood perfectly still. I am looking forward to see how they look moving.

The white plumage looks good on the Aussies!

Also - took some time to ask about a patch worn on the uniforms this year. A volunteer of the corps affectionaly known as Freebird passed recently and the corps asked to memorialize him in a special way. A classy patch was created with his initials, nickname, and corps logo stitched into the right shoulder. Very classy move and apparently membership driven.

I spent (WAY more than I intended) some dough on souvies, but the Texas corps that I've been wanting to pull for since they moved here is now one I want to get behind. Great sound, terrific look, and now very human members that seemed happy to get the personal attention afforded them at this event. Go Bones - you hooked a new fan for the summer!

Scotty "Freebird" Wheeler was the Crossmen equipment truck driver for 7 years. Here's an article written in his memory. He was very special to the corps and will be missed by all.

CAA Article

I was assured that a '92 call back is indeed included towards the end of the show!

Had the clip playing this morning from that site not to be named. 92 is definitely in there at the end!

Scotty was the best! I'm glad they found a way to honor him this season.

I think I'm becoming a fan again. Even sounded to me like a famous drum lick of years gone by is in there

Like you, I'm looking forward to the Crossmen's show this year. Music does sound like it could be an appealing offering from them this year. Would like nothing more than for them to find that groove again.