Crossmen 2011

C'mon... add the white pants and off we go... :thumbup:

Mike

White pants? I'd still like some red accents or a sash in there eventually too! :cool:

And where they hell did this brassline and drumline come from?! Seriously! Is it all the staff's doing, or did they by chance land a ton of screamers and ballin' players this year?

Absolutely cannot wait to see DCP go crazy about this show when they finally premiere it :thumbup:

I spent last week with the Crossmen. I think people will be very pleased with things - nice to see and hear the "Crossmen". I had an absolutely great time working with them.....amazing progress in a short amount of time.

This musical book is LEAGUES ahead of anything they've put out the last 4-5 years. Of course, I've expected nothing less from the moment I heard they got Chuck Naffier for their staff. :thumbup: Possibly DCI's most under-rated/under-appreciated arranger because he doesn't write for one of the "big boys."

• Like 2

This musical book is LEAGUES ahead of anything they've put out the last 4-5 years. Of course, I've expected nothing less from the moment I heard they got Chuck Naffier for their staff. :thumbup: Possibly DCI's most under-rated/under-appreciated arranger because he doesn't write for one of the "big boys."

Agreed, look at what what he did for Xmen earlier and the Colts of the '90s. Tons of moments to hum AFTER the show is done. I think it's part of his "thing", if you will, that he picks music that the people can have a strong attachment to.

I remember he wanted us to play Tank! and Bad Dog No Biscuits by Yokko Kanno. I'm still waiting to see a show based her music.

Agreed, look at what what he did for Xmen earlier and the Colts of the '90s. Tons of moments to hum AFTER the show is done. I think it's part of his "thing", if you will, that he picks music that the people can have a strong attachment to.

I remember he wanted us to play Tank! and Bad Dog No Biscuits by Yokko Kanno. I'm still waiting to see a show based her music.

Yoko is VERY protective of her music, I doubt it will happen. But if anyone can pull it off, it's Chuck.

in another story...Bad Dog No Biscuits is probably my favorite Cowboy Bebop tune besides Blue.

What Planet is This?! would probably work VERY well though :thumbup:

My Gosh, Xmen sound great so far! And the brilliant part of embracing this style is they're the only ones who do it. Instant identity.

Mike

Well, it would have been "brilliant" if they had never left the unique style in the first place. Now it's more like "thank you for finally waking and smelling the coffee."

Really look forward to seeing them this year. The sample was infectious!

• Like 1