Scores for the first two shows

How can they/dci prevent someone from sending the audience vote text number to hundreds of people not in stands. Votes come in from all over the US to stack the deck in favor of certain corps?

Maybe some Corps supporters do that and that Corps " wins " 1st place with the fans, but comes in (say ) 4th place with the judges. I don't see the concern here should that happen though. And as matter of fact, I don't see how this is really any different than ( say )1995 Finals where the fans choice finished 4th at Finals with the judges. The only thing different is that people now have to text in their placement picks to then have the overall Corps tally announced to the crowd 24 hours later. So a Corps fans stuffs the ballot box. Maybe their Corps " wins " with all that coordinated effort. Does it really matter in the 1st weekend of the season ? I mean.. REALLY ?

Edited by BRASSO

George Hopkins?

he isn't the answer to every drum corps question ya know :tongue:

So what if this does happen? So what if Hopkins has every single living alumni of Cadets text 50 times each to ensure Cadets win the fan voting? It really doesn't matter; the 'fan voting' is pointless for all intents and purposes, and is more of a fun way to get the fans involved. NO ONE from any corps, staff, directors, designers, etc. will be frantically running around looking to make change in order to try to court the fan vote.

Don't get me wrong, I think it's VERY cool of DCI to think outside the box and mess with some show formats to build more excitement for the upcoming season. I also really dig the fact that DCI is trying to get the fans more involved, and give fans the sense of 'power' that their perceived entertainment of shows wields in relation to placement. But at the end of the day, the ONLY placement corps will care about, for the most part, is with the judges.

Heck, if way more people get involved w/fan voting than are at the show, I think that's reason to celebrate a little bit.

oh God Chase voting round 2.

VOTE FOR sANJAYA!!

• Like 2

he isn't the answer to every drum corps question ya know :tongue:

Truer words were never more spoken. 'Definately, not " the answer. "

Edited by BRASSO

How can they/dci prevent someone from sending the audience vote text number to hundreds of people not in stands. Votes come in from all over the US to stack the deck in favor of certain corps?

What if they had this Texas Texting TOC last year... fans voted... and ( say ) Blue Devils finished 8th with their 2010 show with the fans and 1st with the judges. Some Corps worked feverishly in a concerted effort to " win " with the Texas Texters vote, and did so. Do you really think the Blue Devils staff, marchers, their fans would care about finishing 8th in the Texas Texters hoedown ? Or better yet, that the Judges would care about how the Texas Texting hoedown went with the Texas Texters ? Seriously ?

Edited by BRASSO

Well, at least we know ahead of time Regiment will be one of the bottom 3 corps scored visually, even if they shouldn't be.

I thought it was my job to ##### about her since I am president of the Concerned Phans for Phair Judging and the Anti-SWSNBN League?!

ATHF is disturbingly addictive.

....and it has been renamed to " Aqua Unit Patrol Squad 1" for the 8th season, but it seems to be the same show. Maybe they're no longer teens? tongue.gif

I thought it was my job to ##### about her since I am president of the Concerned Phans for Phair Judging and the Anti-SWSNBN League?!

LOL! Can't wait to see how she scores Phantom this year! But will DCI actually release Saturdays recaps once scores are announced Monday?