DCPI season 16 discussion thread

(I was hoping for a 5/3/10 or there abouts... although Oostburg does still have a point in play yet).

Don't want to be the bearer of bad news, but Oregon is only at 112 right now. Got three points in my pocket that I can use next week if I feel like it. :ph34r:

The season is coming down to the wire- can you believe that there's just 9 days left until finals?

Open and Class A corps have one last Michigan event before their last focus shows of the season in Traverse City, while World Class corps travel to Milford DE and Clifton NJ for the last events before the Piscataway weekend.

TraverseCityMIThirlbyField5000.jpg

MilfordDE.jpg

CliftonNJCliftonStadium2.jpg

Don't want to be the bearer of bad news, but Oregon is only at 112 right now. Got three points in my pocket that I can use next week if I feel like it. :ph34r:

Tokyo Tornadoes has 5 in the back pocket...

California Knights also have 5 in the pocket....

Quiksilver had 6 until this morning... =X

I figured there'd be others. Risky move with Cal Knights, IMO, since the top caption sets tend to go early. Best of luck!

Gary, didn't one of your corps win a Championship one season and still hadn't used all their points even at Finals?

Edited by hostrauser

It took several weeks to get things in order, But the CRASS Organization is proud to proclaim that the Catalina Crusaders are back in the top 12 ! Here is some press from our local paper.

Avalon Dispatch

It’s A Magical Mystery Tour for this CA Island’s Corps

August 4, 2011

By: Dizzy Miss Lizzy

It has been a long road for the Catalina Crusaders which is only fitting since their show is called "The Long and Winding Road" which features the music of the Beatles. "Things are Getting Better for the corps" said drum major Maggie Mae. "The show has undergone a Revolution all season... I think we're on No. 9 right now." The Crusaders have been Searchin’ for answers and have been accused of Too Much Monkey Business along the way. Reports of corps members Watching Rainbows, having too many Golden Slumbers instead of rehearsing , and just acting all Helter Skelter are false.

”We went through a lot of Misery early on.” Said Mr. Hensley, Crusaders Corps Director. “It wasn’t until we spent a Hard Day’s Night in Memphis, Tennessee that we just couldn’t Carry That Weight of a bad 1st tour any longer” The Night Before, the corps had one of those She Said She Said meetings in which the corps realized that We Can Work it Out and put out something that would help us Get Back to finals.

“With A Little Help of My Friends and countless phone calls to Three Cool Cats and Some Other Guy and Another Girl, we decided that All Things Must Pass and we needed to stop Crying, Waiting, and Hoping for Every Little Thing to go our way.” Said Hensley.

The Corps added a little Shot of Rhythm and Blues to the show and rehearsed like a MadMan. The Word has gotten out and It Won’t Be Long before the Catalina Crusaders are battling for a medal again. The Crusaders will finish their Season competing in Madison, WI for the Drum Corps International Championships. The Crusaders will definitely put on a show With or Without You!

I figured there'd be others. Risky move with Cal Knights, IMO, since the top caption sets tend to go early. Best of luck!

Gary, didn't one of your corps win a Championship one season and still hadn't used all their points even at Finals?

Yes, but I saw something I wanted to exploit and will be able to make my last changes and since we can only change 3 captions, i was stuck :)

Yes, but I saw something I wanted to exploit and will be able to make my last changes and since we can only change 3 captions, i was stuck :)

Don't we still get caption changes during championships in live seasons?

Don't we still get caption changes during championships in live seasons?

Yes We do... But I was trying to change 4 captions at once... Silly Me...

Scores are up and it's a FANFARE sweep in Clifton as Quiksilver, Caprice and Tennessee Nipples take the top 3 spots.

Caprice's staff just broke from their post-show meeting focused on making the final tweaks for the show. The Rubicon has been crossed and the die has been cast. No going back from here.