DCPI season 16 discussion thread

There is one constant here. Your #1 one day. The next day your out of the top 12. :cool: Scores have been all over the place this season. Good to see some other corps finally getting back to performing again after layoffs.

We should see scores jump up this weekend. Last tally I had Jupiter almost 3 points over what they scored in El Paso.

"The Thrill of Victory, the Agony of Defeat" :thumbup:

I really do like the unpredictability, the relative uncertainty of scores on the DCI side of things - but it sure is making a mess outta me on the DCP-I side of things, hehe! No doubt, it does turn the next couple weeks into a tremendously exciting finals run though.

Scores for Day 1 at San Antonio and the first Open/A mass shows are up. Some good results at those shows as Novacorps put the hurt on the field in St Louis, while the Barnstormers set the stadium ablaze in Michigan City.

Well, Polaris is doing pretty good, but Oregon and Xothyme are lost in the woods.

Well, Polaris is doing pretty good, but Oregon and Xothyme are lost in the woods.

And there are LOTS of woods to get lost in... hehe! If you come to a really big river, head east. :tongue:

Two of my three did a whole lot better than I anticipated. The Privateers appear to have washed ashore - at least now they've taken a bath recently, hehe!

I'm making a slight tweak to the bonus point schedule so as not to short-change anybody at the end of the season. The fourth points bump goes into effect today, and the final one will take effect next Monday.

And after a nice respite, the tour enters week 6, as things really start heating up for World class corps at the Berry Center outside Houston and at Shreve HS in Shreveport LA. Back up north, the Open/Class A tour travels to one of the strangest stadiums ever created at Mount Carmel HS. Apparently land out there is at a premium, so this stadium features just two sections of bleachers that run all the way up the side of a hill!

HoustonTXBerryStadium16000.jpg

ShreveportLAShreveHS10000.jpg

MtCarmelILMtCarmelHS4000.jpg

Scores for Monday and Tuesday are up. Some pretty tight event results in Chambersburg PA between the Open and Class A corps, while Polaris Regiment enjoyed a "comfortable" 0.7 win in Little Rock AR and Minnesota Madness eked out a VERY narrow victory in Hattiesburg MS. On Monday, Star of Hawaii JUST edged out Nastalgia to make it to the top of the hill in Mt. Carmel while Cross blew away the rest of the competition by nearly a point. In World Class competition, Star of Jupiter and the California Knights led the way at their respective events in Houston and Shreveport.

ChambersburgPAChambersburgHS4.jpg

LittleRockARMemorialStadium50000.jpg

HattiesburgMSPetalHS7000-1.jpg

Today's events should be just wrapping up. A trio of World Class corps competes in Gadsden AL while a massive group of corps head to Nashville's LP Field, the site of Finals from a few seasons ago, and Open and Class A corps travel to Homestead HS in Fort Wayne IN.

GadsdenALGadsdenHS6000.jpg

NashvilleTNLPField65000.jpg

FtWayneINHomesteadHS4000.jpg

Wednesday's events:

World class corps make a quick dash north to Western Kentucky University in Bowling Green KY for Nastalgia's home show while a smaller group heads deep into Georgia for a show at Lowndes HS in Valdosta. Up north, Open and Class A corps travel up to Fairfax VA for a show at Woodson HS in the backyard of our nation's capitol.

BowlingGreenKYWKUStadium22000.jpg

ValdostaGALowndesHS7000.jpg

FairfaxVAWoodsonHS7000.jpg

FB!E HEADLINES:

Crimson Lions Back In The Hunt!

Very tight race, Kentucky will be major challenge.

Oostburg's "Ready To Rock" Some More.

Barnstormers, Knights of Sound share spectacular victory.

Freshly Bathed Privateers Look Stunning!

Sh**, shower & shave does wonders (they smelled good too!).

Woooo, what a week. Excruciatingly tight scoring in all three divisions means we're in for one mighty crazy finals run - it's still anybodys game.

The Lions have been getting knocked around a lot, but they're still bringing a good fight.

Oostburg is performing great right now in what is proving to be a very powerful division... we might even catch LBC one of these days. :devil:

Stunned by the resurging Privateers? Me too. Was a beautiful thing to see, everything clicked. Yeah, a case of rum went missing - but if that's the results, I can deal with it. hehe!