DCPI season 16 discussion thread

its like going on a "streak" of undefeated for ONE WEEK is impressive this season! LOL

@ the director of Dunkirk:

Not sure how you're calculating your scores, but based on the slate of corps you have, your score appears to be accurate. Sorry that your corps seemed to have an off-night.

Remember that when you have a corps that is as inactive for a long period of time as that particular corps has been in one of your captions, their score becomes somewhat erratic for the spreadsheet. No need for the tinfoil hat, it's just the nature of the scoring program.

Today, corps enter the heart of Texas for the first time with an event at Bedford's Pennington Stadium in the Dallas suburbs. Other events include the show at the University of Central Oklahoma in Oklahoma City, our lone New Mexico event at Milne Stadium in Albuquerque, and a packed house at the Open/A event at Greendale HS near Milwaukee:

BedfordTXPenningtonField11000.jpg

OklahomaCityOKWantlandStadium10000.jpgAlbuquerqueNMMilneStadium5000.jpg

GreendaleWIGreendaleHS3000.jpg

the scores for the dunkirk troopers are wrong we should be sitting a top of of class A at 76.040

Um... 76.040 would only have gotten you 3rd place on Monday. Besides, you're back into the 76s as of Tuesday. Bailiff! Valium!

The Executive Director is making an "executive decision" and doing exactly that.

Anybody who wants to propose an off-season rule change to that effect has my blessing to do so.

Since we do have final scores from those shows (just not the recaps), maybe we could generate scores and then scale them such that each corps' generated score matches its actual final score?

So, say the Cavaliers scored an 88.5 at Lebanon, but their generated score was an 87.7...you could multiply each caption by a specific amount to get to the final score of 88.5. That might be a better system score-wise than just straight-up generating them, but might also be unfeasible on the back end.

Unfortunately, that's not very feasible. Without going into too much detail, here's what I can tell you about the process. I have to download each day's "scoresheet" that is programmed with all of everybody's captions for that day, that I then enter the most current score data into. Once that day has passed, it's difficult to go back and access it again. Secondly, once the scoring data is entered, I upload that into a SQL server. That's even more difficult to go back and alter.

Plus, your approach involves doing math that's higher than a 3rd grade level, so I'm already inclined to hate it. :tongue:

After last night's Texas Tussle, things really start heating up as all World class corps compete in events across the Lone Star state, including small shows at Andress HS in El Paso and the "Buford T. Justice Invitational" at Pleasant Grove HS in Texarkana (originally scheduled to take place in Tyler) and the capstone event at the Round Rock ISD Athletic Complex on the outskirts of Austin. Open and A class corps will be competing at Metamora HS near Peoria IL

ElPasoTXAndressHS5000jpg.jpg

TexarkanaTXPleasantGroveHS4000.jpg

AustinTXRoundRockHS3.jpg

PeoriaILMetamoraHS2500.jpg

Still waiting for scores from 7/21.

Come on, daddy needs his medicine. :tic:

With the recaps from the other night I suspect the Crimson Lions will once again drop into the #23 range... yeearrg, 23rd to 5th to 11th to 23rd again! This be drivin' me bonkers, hehe!

Oostburg is still holding up, I expect them to stay right about where they are. At least I hope they stay put, or better yet, rise.

The Privateers seem to have been beached again - wonder if they've run outta rum again? With 10 victories (7 in a row!) so far, they now appear stuck in some kinda quagmire.

By the Hoary Hosts of Hoggoth, what a wacky season! :blink:

Edited by Tin Guardian

Still waiting for scores from 7/21.

Come on, daddy needs his medicine. :tic:

Just went up. It's a drum corps weekend for me so scores will be a bit erratic this weekend.

While the World class corps will be spending the weekend at a 2-day event in San Antonio, Open and Class A corps will be competing at events in Michigan City IN and St Louis MO:

SanAntonioTXAlamodome65000.jpg

MichiganCityINAmesField2.jpg

StLouisMOEastStLouisStadium5000.jpg