DCPI season 16 discussion thread

Gary, didn't one of your corps win a Championship one season and still hadn't used all their points even at Finals?

I am sure there has been more then one in the case of not using the full point total. Jupiter is not maxed out either.

I believe once Championships actually start we get 2 changes per round.

I believe once Championships actually start we get 2 changes per round.

Nope, we got rid of that a couple of seasons ago.

What I will do is allow one change at the START of finals week for directors who still haven't maxed out their points.

Scores are up and it's a FANFARE sweep in Clifton as Quiksilver, Caprice and Tennessee Nipples take the top 3 spots.

When did I become part of FANFARE? :blink: :blink: :blink:

Remember when we made you an honorary member all those seasons ago? :wink:

It's the last weekend of the season before finals week. Today, World Class corps descend on Rutgers Stadium in Piscataway NJ. There are already rumors buzzing that with next season's finals set to take place on the east coast, this could be a potential venue for championships.

PiscatawayNJRutgersStadium50000.jpg

Meanwhile, Open and Class A corps have their last major shows of the season in Kitchener ONT and Grand Haven MI as we dust off the old Canadian Open and Coast Guard Open events.

KitchenerONTSeagramStadium6000.jpg

GrandHavenMIGrandHavenHS5000.jpg

Gary, didn't one of your corps win a Championship one season and still hadn't used all their points even at Finals?

this is true! not always to your advantage to use em all up! I think Mytre once had 2 points still left and won as well.

Nope, we got rid of that a couple of seasons ago.

What I will do is allow one change at the START of finals week for directors who still haven't maxed out their points.

Hmm... I know last year we removed finals changes for the off season, but I don't ever recall anything happening that affected the live season finals changes.

When did I become part of FANFARE? :blink: :blink: :blink:

ooh yeah well your now an honorary member of CLASS too so there...no choices..just is what it is LOL

actually we dont typically have to force people to join CLASS! hahahaha :rolleyes:

I know I'm not involved in this season BUT...

Jeff is correct, I put out that rule for approval. The rule eliminated finals week changes for off-seasons only.

-hype

In that case, the prior rule of 2 changes per day will be in effect. We can (and should) discuss during the upcoming rules congress whether we want the off-season rule to be effective during live seasons as well.

On another note, scores for day 2 of Piscataway are up. The event saw the Elite Brigade reassert their early-season dominance, but several other corps are nipping right at their heels to make for an awesome down the stretch run.

Today's events:

Open and Class A corps compete at Ralph Wilson Stadium in Buffalo NY- it's their largest venue of the season before the world championships, and another potential contender for season 17's finals. World class corps cover both sides of Ohio. One event takes place at the Glass Bowl in Toledo and the second, originally scheduled to be held in Akron, has been moved to Fawcett Stadium in Canton OH to celebrate the upcoming return of football.

Finally, please consider registering your corps for the I+E contests later this week. See the post recently made in the forum for more details.

BuffaloNYRalphWilsonStadium8000.jpg

ToledoOHGlassBowlStadium28000.jpg

CantonOHFawcettStadium22000.jpg