Glassmen 2011

I was at the San Antonio show, and had a question for some people who'd seen Gmen more than once. I don't know if it was just me or if there were other circumstances, but the Glassmen hornline didnt do it for me. They sounded soft and I just didn't feel the energy from them that I got from Spirit or The Academy. On a positive note, the drumlins was grooving and I got an immense amount of energy from them. Just wondering what you guys think of the hornline

In one word, "Dynasty".

Looking at last nights scores it is clear that SOA was on last night and the Glassmen had an off night....The spread was bigger then I have seen over the weeks.....Tonight is another night....Let's see what the spread will be tonight......

Looking over the recaps from last night a couple of things comes to mind..... The drum line is doing real well...They r indeed holding their own....

The guard is improving everyday.....

The horn line is not doing so well........I hope something can b figured out soon so that they can show improvement.....Maybe using Dynasty horns r indeed an issue....However there is nothing that can b done to change the horns before Semi's.....There has to b something good about this horn....If there is, I would hope that the staff would exploit the positives and minimize the negatives in using the Dynasty horns whatever they may be.

And in 12th place with a score of .... Glassmen...

Well that's my prediction anyway....I'm rooting for you to hold your finals seat :smile:

Love watching the battle this year though...

What terrific competition for that coveted Finals Spot. Some Corps are just going to miss out by the smallest of margins, and yet they'll be have a fine and large Corps.

In one word, "Dynasty".

That very well could be...just curious, who else marches Dynasty?

Looking at last nights scores it is clear that SOA was on last night and the Glassmen had an off night....The spread was bigger then I have seen over the weeks.....Tonight is another night....Let's see what the spread will be tonight......

Looking over the recaps from last night a couple of things comes to mind..... The drum line is doing real well...They r indeed holding their own....

The guard is improving everyday.....

The horn line is not doing so well........I hope something can b figured out soon so that they can show improvement.....Maybe using Dynasty horns r indeed an issue....However there is nothing that can b done to change the horns before Semi's.....There has to b something good about this horn....If there is, I would hope that the staff would exploit the positives and minimize the negatives in using the Dynasty horns whatever they may be.

Those horns are as frank Williams said like playing with plumbing pipes.

It is surprising to me that HOF Fran Williams said this about the horns, and yet the Glassmen are still playing on them......

When they are free its hard to look a gift horse in the mouth. I'm not a horn player so I won't claim to know anything and I honestly have no problems with Dynasty percussion equipment. I've used them with indoor lines I've taught and the school I work with has a set of Dynasty drums. I think the drums are fine if you tune them correctly.

However, if the horns themselves are truly an issue, maybe Jupiter/Mapex, King/Ludwig/Musser or Yamaha should off them a better deal for a full horns and drums package. Rumor has it Ludwig is going to try to make a comeback in the marching world again next year. I'll believe it when I see it but if they have a quality product this time, they could be a player in the market again since people seem to like King horns.

On the flip side, I would assume BD used Dynasty horns for several years and I don't recall anyone ever saying their horn line sucked.

When they are free its hard to look a gift horse in the mouth. I'm not a horn player so I won't claim to know anything and I honestly have no problems with Dynasty percussion equipment. I've used them with indoor lines I've taught and the school I work with has a set of Dynasty drums. I think the drums are fine if you tune them correctly.

However, if the horns themselves are truly an issue, maybe Jupiter/Mapex, King/Ludwig/Musser or Yamaha should off them a better deal for a full horns and drums package. Rumor has it Ludwig is going to try to make a comeback in the marching world again next year. I'll believe it when I see it but if they have a quality product this time, they could be a player in the market again since people seem to like King horns.

On the flip side, I would assume BD used Dynasty horns for several years and I don't recall anyone ever saying their horn line sucked.

It would be a mistake to blame the low scores in the horn line right now on the equipment and nothing else.....I remember last year how the people were talking about how loud the Glassmen horn line was and I do believe they were Dynasty horns.....True BD did play on Dynasty horns for sometime....And people did not say their horn line sucked.....However people were talking about how little they played on the field....Maybe that is the trick in playing Dynasty horns.....The less one plays the better the Dynasty horns sounds..... :lookaround:

It would be a mistake to blame the low scores in the horn line right now on the equipment and nothing else.....I remember last year how the people were talking about how loud the Glassmen horn line was and I do believe they were Dynasty horns.....True BD did play on Dynasty horns for sometime....And people did not say their horn line sucked.....However people were talking about how little they played on the field....Maybe that is the trick in playing Dynasty horns.....The less one plays the better the Dynasty horns sounds..... :lookaround:

But last year all people said was intonation problems and stuff like that.

That very well could be...just curious, who else marches Dynasty?

Not sure if anyone is crazy enough to use them anymore.... But I seem to think PC or Mandarins might be on them? Anyone know for sure?