wildwood

oh and for bridgeport, I predict whoever scores highest will win

I'm with Jeff on this one. :lol:

A person could go nuts trying to compare and contrast statistical data between different drum corps and drum corps seasons. Admittedly, I tend to try and look for patterns when making my annual predictions, but let's face it - last year's numbers don't mean anything this year. At least it's something to do during the winter or even week to week between shows.

While on the subject, how do you figure the scores will shake down in Bridgeport, CT? I played the game with myself last year trying to predict the scores for every show that I attended. It got easier as the season went on. There are numerous variables in play for the first few weeks. Some corps are "finished" while others have material to add. Some corps haven't been seen yet. If I was going to make a wager, I'd predict the following for Bridgeport:

Reading Buccaneers 82.288

Empire Statesmen 80.351

Connecticut Hurricanes 78.413

Hawthorne Caballeros 76.375

Fusion Core 71.963

Bushwackers 69.338

Half of those are based on what I've seen so far, and the other half are wild-###ed guesses. Unfortunately, I'll have to wait a whole week yet to see if I'm even remotely close.

So if you want a mathematical prediction of scores for Champions on Parade

July 2, 2011 - 6:00 PM

Bridgeport CT 06604

I am going with

Bucs 83.35

Cabs 76.95

Lets see how close I come after the show. :):):)

We are very close in our predictions. :):):)

I will run the numbers on the other corps and see what I come up with.

Sayre, you said everything that needed to be said. Writing off a corps like them after week 1 is ridiculous. Especially a corps that has proven for decades that they can come back at anytime and give any corps a run for their money.

In the grand scheme of things, not having the final 30 seconds or so on the field at the first show is no where near the big deal it is bring made out to be.

Sayre, you said everything that needed to be said. Writing off a corps like them after week 1 is ridiculous. Especially a corps that has proven for decades that they can come back at anytime and give any corps a run for their money.

In the grand scheme of things, not having the final 30 seconds or so on the field at the first show is no where near the big deal it is bring made out to be.

and i agree with that. so why are all these people sniping? let's see what happens over the next month.

...If I was going to make a wager, I'd predict the following for Bridgeport:

Reading Buccaneers 82.288

Empire Statesmen 80.351

Connecticut Hurricanes 78.413

Hawthorne Caballeros 76.375

Fusion Core 71.963

Bushwackers 69.338

Half of those are based on what I've seen so far, and the other half are wild-###ed guesses. Unfortunately, I'll have to wait a whole week yet to see if I'm even remotely close.

Here is how I see it playing out at Bridgeport....

Reading Buccaneers 83.0

Connecticut Hurricanes 78.0

Empire Statesmen 76.8

Hawthorne Caballeros 74.9

Fusion Core 70.5

Bushwackers 68.6

Here is how I see it playing out at Bridgeport....

Reading Buccaneers 83.0

Connecticut Hurricanes 78.0

Empire Statesmen 76.8

Hawthorne Caballeros 74.9

Fusion Core 70.5

Bushwackers 68.6

So Bucs up 3.9

Hawthorne up 2.25

Fusion up 0.15

hmmm....

So Bucs up 3.9

Hawthorne up 2.25

Fusion up 0.15

hmmm....

Fusion Score went up 1.175 from June 19th to June 26th in 2010.

This year the Wildwood scores and Bridgeport scores are TWO weeks apart.Not just one week. I wonder if he took that into consideration when making his prediciton?

FWIW I think the poster is pretty close on his Bucs prediction but probably a little low on his Cabs and Fusion predicition. But they are just "predictions".

Edited by camel lips