7th: Blue Stars

6th: Bluecoats

5th: Blue Devils

4th: Carolina Crown

3rd: Phantom Regiment

2nd: The Cadets

1st: The Cavaliers

Edited by 3rd Glasgow BB

LOL...wow...not surprised, and when the Blue Stars went on the field, only about 70% of the crowd was there.

I wonder how many people voted - when the Blue Devils finished their show, 90% of people up and left. I didn't vote either, my phone wasn't capable. I didn't like the idea of entering personal info either - I wouldn't have done that even had I had the capability.

I'd wager that less than 300 people voted.

EDIT: When I said "when the Blue Devils finished their show, 90% of people up and left" - I didn't intend that to mean that 90% of people up and left before the BD did their show - in fact, while we waited 10 mins for the sprinkling to stop, 99% of people stayed in their seats waiting in anticipation to see what the defending world champs were going to bring us. I'm no where near the biggest fan of the Blue Devils, but I was glad to see no one leave, and they got a healthy applause.

Edited by BoyWonder1911
  • Like 1

LOL...wow...not surprised, and when the Blue Stars went on the field, only about 70% of the crowd was there.

I wonder how many people voted - when the Blue Devils finished their show, 90% of people up and left. I didn't vote either, my phone wasn't capable. I didn't like the idea of entering personal info either - I wouldn't have done that even had I had the capability.

I'd wager that less than 300 people voted.

300 is more than a regular DCI judging panel!

• Like 2

Considering there were a couple thousand people in the stands, 200-300 people ranking the corps from a total of about 2,500 who watched, to me, that is DCIFail. Make it easier to text in your vote, please, and I'll vote.

Considering there were a couple thousand people in the stands, 200-300 people ranking the corps from a total of about 2,500 who watched, to me, that is DCIFail. Make it easier to text in your vote, please, and I'll vote.

It didn't look like it was hard. Judging from the instructions I saw online, it looked pretty easy. I didn't vote though, since I wasn't there.

DCI.org article & fan vote

8th: Santa Clara Vanguard

7th: Blue Stars

6th: Bluecoats

5th: Blue Devils

4th: Carolina Crown

3rd: Phantom Regiment

2nd: The Cadets

1st: The Cavaliers

Good luck to the DCI chosen Austin Powers that'll be there in Texas one again tonite.

(oh stop, just kiddin')

Do you think then that perhaps DCI should have had their first annual Texas Text at Texas Tech ?

Edited by BRASSO
  • Like 5

Having these corps spend thousands of dollars for all the gas, heat, and only 2500 people only to have to return to Texas in 4 weeks is a waste of time and money. Bad idea.

• Like 2

1) where does it say only 200-300 people voted? Just because someone through out the number (literally picked it out of thin air) doesn't make it true.

2) IMO it couldn't have been easier to vote; you could vote online after you got home if you wanted. If you phone wasn't capable (do you not have texting?!) then you could've easily found the instructions and voted when you got home.

3) the fan voting doesn't mean anything anyway: just a way for DCI throw fans a bone

To be honest, the REAL win was for fans being able to see the Top 8 perform/compete to kick off the season.

Oh, wait: this is DCP. I forgot their ALWAYS needs to be whining and calls of entitlement in EVERY thread in every situation.

Never mind: carry on

:rolleyes:

• Like 4

Having these corps spend thousands of dollars for all the gas, heat, and only 2500 people only to have to return to Texas in 4 weeks is a waste of time and money. Bad idea.

" The Almighty says this must be a fashionable fight. It's drawn the finest people ".

Stephen, from " Braveheart ".

• Like 1