Can SCV Break into the top 5?

I don't think Texas is any farther from California than it is from Wisconsin, is it?

According to Google Maps" Lacrosse to Saginaw TX = 1013 miles, from Santa Clara to Saginaw, TX is over 1600 miles. Not an excuse, but many DC fans seem not to know geography. Until they actually need to travel to California, then "its too far!"

• Like 1

My two (2) cents:

Yes, SCV can break into the Top 5 but I think they will need more of a 'gimmick', something like:

A) Build a 'house' made of white wood posts, with no walls--

B) With strange tall creatures on stilts running around, hunting for --

C) Angels and Demons playing 'war' in the backyard --

D) Accompanied by the rock-star piano-stylings of a very talented Austin Powers look-alike with other mohawk and makeup groupies.

They've now got some random horn player running around trying to escape from Hell. Hmm, I don't see a big enough gimmick here.

• Like 2

The two most important factors (albeit not solely responsible for the success) are still not at SCV. Michael Gaines and Richard Saucedo make for a ridiculously good team.

Pete Weber is still great. So is Key Poulan.

Eh, I'm not the defender of SCV, but all I'll say about this is that people on here have made SCV out to sounding much worse than they actually did.

I'm sure they'll be fine by the end of the season.

• Like 4

You intend upon the other definition, but I think this one is fitting. Also of note is Weber, another Cavaliers guy who is extremely close to a certain director.

Wait, Weber is one of the BEST writers in DCI. He's not supposed to work with any other former Cavaliers directors of FMM?

That's severely limiting the pool.

So this topic is all about THAT, old and tired topic which has been SO worked to death on the Cavalier board and most people there have come to terms with or put out of their minds? I'm not even going to go there.... shutup.gif

Now I know what this is about, so it makes much more sense... Thanks for the clarification. ph34r.gif

Edited by jjeffeory
  • Like 3

Jeff Sacktig, Michael Gaines, and Michael Klesch are writing for corps right now, and you want to put Weber in the same breath with them?

I sure as hell would. His work for Madison in 05 was by far the best visual program Scouts have had in a decade, and his work for Vanguard has been second only to Gaines' work with Rosemont in terms of consistency, readability, coordination, and effect.

Edited by mobrien
  • Like 2

02 Colts, 05 Madison, and SCV since then....

HUH?

Jeff Sacktig, Michael Gaines, and Michael Klesch are writing for corps right now, and you want to put Weber in the same breath with them?

From a creativity and cohesiveness standpoint, absolutely. From a number of rings standpoint, obviously not.