Pittsburgh Pub

Crusaders will score closer to Bluecoats

Spirit will be close and possibly beat the Glassmen

Crossmen won't be close

I know you will hope for the best for SOA because you are an alum but looking at prior years glassmens first score is always higher. Will they start like last year in the 70 probably not but you never know.

• Like 1

I know you will hope for the best for SOA because you are an alum but looking at prior years glassmens first score is always higher. Will they start like last year in the 70 probably not but you never know.

Gmen would certainly have to step up their game if they were to hit 70. Most of the perennial top 6 are still knocking on the door of that 70 score

I've watched family day videos for glassmen and their new brass staff has done an incredible job turning them around. Their guard has been solid and the drumline is pretty much Matrix people who got like 8th this year in wgi.

I hope they come out smoking!!!

The weather may rain on our parade.

It's not looking good.

Garry in Vegas

Sorry to the poster who had already started a thread about this show tonight...I totally overlooked it as I scanned through looking for one. Mods, feel free to combine the two, thanks!

As for the debate about Spirit of Atlanta and Glassmen, I won't be surprised if Glassmen come out on top. But I have heard really, REALLY, good things about their show and I expect the score to be somewhat close. I hope Glassmen also have a more enjoyable show this year - the past couple years have been flat IMO. Performed and executed very well, but just not the most engaging/enjoyable/memorable for me.

<don't worry, every corps is doing better than last year right now... or so we are told>

This post should have it's own computer code written for it, so that every year, about mid-May - this line will become the beginning of a new thread...as well as an automatic reply to all the honks out there who will swear 'this time they're for real!' -

Let's be honest here - lots of great shows every summer - some are in 20th place, some are in 12th, some are in first, and some fall in between somewhere. DCPers have a thing about beating corps X. I started to have a LOT more fun with drum corps when I stopped caring who scores and/or places what or where...

Edited by FHdork

<don't worry, every corps is doing better than last year right now... or so we are told>

This post should have it's own computer code written for it, so that every year, about mid-May - this line will become the beginning of a new thread...as well as an automatic reply to all the honks out there who will swear 'this time they're for real!' -

Let's be honest here - lots of great shows every summer - some are in 20th place, some are in 12th, some are in first, and some fall in between somewhere. DCPers have a thing about beating corps X. I started to have a LOT more fun with drum corps when I stopped caring who scores and/or places what or where...

While I will admit to still getting little more of a charge seeing certain corps do well, as long as I leave the stadium (or the theater come August) with a smile, that's all that matters.

Garry in Vegas