Pittsburgh Pub

Here's the skinny... Glassmen, Blue Knights, Spirit of Atlanta, The Academy, and Troopers will all be fighting this year for the 10-12 spots in finals. They are all looking strong here in the early season... and Thank God!!! In my very humble opinion this is going to be one of the best drum corps seasons ever... Let's all chill out and just enjoy the fact that entertainment is finally an issue in the scoring!!! Go Everybody!!!

Comparing scores from another show on the same night is meaningless. Comparing scores from another year of a Corps first show score is just plain stupidity. There is no correlation between opening score and final score of that season. None. That said, looking at spreads the opening week can provide some insights, imo. It appears here in the first week that the Spirit Of Atlanta is prepared better for the opening week than they have been in the more recent past, as their spreads among their competitors ahead of them is much narrower in their first show than in recent years.

before you call me stupid look at the post I replied to.

• Like 1

Here's the skinny... Glassmen, Blue Knights, Spirit of Atlanta, The Academy, and Troopers will all be fighting this year for the 10-12 spots in finals. They are all looking strong here in the early season... and Thank God!!! In my very humble opinion this is going to be one of the best drum corps seasons ever... Let's all chill out and just enjoy the fact that entertainment is finally an issue in the scoring!!! Go Everybody!!!

yuppppp

I do think Glassmen have the potential to break from this pack into a higher one.....Potential

• Like 2

yuppppp

I do think Glassmen have the potential to break from this pack into a higher one.....Potential

I think all of the corps fighting for those 10 - 12 spot have that potential this year... and I am a Spirit of Atlanta alum, but I would love to see a dog fight for those spots.. good drum corps is good drum corps... I support all of them!!!

• Like 1

Here's the skinny... Glassmen, Blue Knights, Spirit of Atlanta, The Academy, and Troopers will all be fighting this year for the 10-12 spots in finals.

Quoted for accuracy, though I think there's an outside chance Crossmen could also be looking at catching up with the rest of them, if perhaps not surpassing any. Nevertheless, good to see some competition.

Edit: That said, if I had to put money on it, I'd sooner bet that both G-men and BK stay in finals than that they don't.

Edited by Stryfe
  • Like 2

Here is my 2 cents;

Crossmen, good show very solid performance, best I've seen from this corps

Spirit, Keep up the work this corps can go places, solid horn line.

Glassmen, TURN DOWN THE KEY BASS AND PIT OVERALL! I don't like not hearing the horn line. The key bass covered the entire contra line and the soloists were completely covered by the pit at times. Balance the sound! Very distracting and couldn't concentrate on your show because of it.

Boston, Good show and will move up!

Bluecoats, Very solid performance, well prepared for this early and you can tell where they are going....up,up,up,

• Like 1

before you call me stupid look at the post I replied to.

I was not responding to you directly, MotorCityPercussion. It was my mistake however that created your understandable confusion. I should have replied directly in my reply to the poster for which my reply was intended for, but chose not to for my own reasons. I am not calling you stupid here, and apologize for my post confusion that you took it to be so.

Also - we haven't seen colts yet this season, so they may be in that pack as well.

Also - we haven't seen colts yet this season, so they may be in that pack as well.

Good point. Colts first show is tomorrow, Saturday.

Comparing scores from another show on the same night is meaningless. Comparing scores from another year of a Corps first show score is just plain stupidity. There is no correlation between opening score and final score of that season. None. That said, looking at spreads the opening week can provide some insights, imo. It appears here in the first week that the Spirit Of Atlanta is prepared better for the opening week than they have been in the more recent past, as their spreads among their competitors ahead of them is much narrower in their first show than in recent years.

Not sure why anyone would dislike this post. It is 100% accurate .