Hawthorne Caballeros: 47th Annual Drum Corps Grand Prix!

Address for the

Hawthorne American Legion Post #199 is

1 Legion Place

Hawthorne NJ

Stop in after the Grand Prix

Ah But again we have Joe Scarber still with us thank Goodness.. Not quite as active as George but an original non the less...Really cool having folks from Day one through year 65... Keeps you humble for sure...

I believe Joe Doran is still with us also, and though not marching any more, is often at the Post on Alumni rehearsal days. George Hayek, Joe Scarber, and Joe Doran -- the last of the originals!

I believe Joe Doran is still with us also, and though not marching any more, is often at the Post on Alumni rehearsal days. George Hayek, Joe Scarber, and Joe Doran -- the last of the originals!

WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

The Grand Prix is one of the longest-running shows on the DCA regular-season schedule (along with the Parade of Champions in Scranton).

It is a summertime tradition in North Jersey.

Those of us who have been there have many memories of the Grand Prix throughout the years.

The tradition continues this weekend, with more memories to be made! :thumbup::thumbup:

Absolutely Fran.. Tomorrow starts more memories for fans and participants alike...Looking forward to a great day..Tickets remain available.. See you all tomorrow..

The Bucs are ready and looking forward to this great event. An honor to be part of such a long-standing tradition in drum corps.

We will be rehearsing at Hawthorne HS tomorrow, so stop by! I must admit I will have a hard time not being at Nash Park in Clifton, as I was prepared for the onslaught to my system caused by excessive time spent at the Hot Grill. I understand there's a world-class diner just near the rehearsal site that will be a good substitute.

Safe travels, all, to Wayne! See you on the field.

• Like 1

I used to look forward to Allentown,the dinner thier had the best Peanut Butter Creame pies .Always left room for it .One year i ordered a whole pie ,picked it up after the contest and brought it home .After 3 days of having it ,it wasn't such a big deal anymore .Never had it again .

Hey Tom the Triangle Diner is right down the road from you the owner is very good to the Cabs... Enjoy...

Mike ~ do you have anyone set up in Albion Park in Clifton? I know, I could just turn off the a/c and listen tomorrow morning...

:ph34r:

Liz I do not believe so...