Old Bridge, NJ (6/26)

I saw 3 Boston Crusaders on the ground (from the Snare Line) 2 of them lost their scoops when they tumbled, 1 had the scoop dragging along as they marched off the field.

1 saw 3 Jersey Surf Horn players go down..3 Mellos..1 Mello got trampled on...oh man..her plume was broken, It was a back up move...

This field was astro turf...I would hate to see these corps try to march on grass...OH MY MY MY!

We hope that all the players and performers are ok!!!

Way to go, Crossmen percussion! So nice to see the hard work pay off with some points.

Only a matter of time before the other captions have the same experience.

Scouts...what a great show!

I saw 3 Boston Crusaders on the ground (from the Snare Line) 2 of them lost their scoops when they tumbled, 1 had the scoop dragging along as they marched off the field.

1 saw 3 Jersey Surf Horn players go down..3 Mellos..1 Mello got trampled on...oh man..her plume was broken, It was a back up move...

This field was astro turf...I would hate to see these corps try to march on grass...OH MY MY MY!

We hope that all the players and performers are ok!!!

Scouts don't have time to fall down :w00t:

• Like 1

Scouts don't have time to fall down :w00t:

I've seen jazz running, but haven't often seen all-out sprinting on the field before. :thumbup:

Interesting how BAC was 1.1 better than Madison in music last night, but the Scouts were 1.7 better tonight. Guess a different judge can make that much of a swing in one day.

Edited by Ghost
  • Like 1

I believe that as Bones starts cleaning, there scores should start climbing faster. However at this time they have a lot more dirt than both SOA and Troopers. Also, it does look like they have a drum line that will be very very good by August.

I agree , Bones will make the climb. a few weeks till they are with TROOPERS , SPIRIT , and GLASSMEN .

All have a shot at BOSTON who has some design problems.

CROSSMEN DRUM LINE HOT.

• Like 2

Interesting how BAC was 1.1 better than Madison in music last night, but the Scouts were 1.7 better tonight. Guess a different judge can make that much of a swing in one day.

The field judge was judging percussion tonight. The brass was judged from the box tonight whereas it was judged from the field last night where it actually makes a REAL difference.

IMO...mine only...I feel BAC has a stronger horn book than Madison...and I think they are achieving it better....but that's just me...

• Like 1

I fail to see what scores you are looking at but it appears from the recaps that BAC was .50 over the SCOUTS last night in Music Ensemble. BAC received the same score on both nights and MADISON rose due to having a superior show. I sugggest reading the reviews and seeing that there are reasons for this.

Edited by panama303
  • Like 1

The field judge was judging percussion tonight. The brass was judged from the box tonight whereas it was judged from the field last night where it actually makes a REAL difference.

IMO...mine only...I feel BAC has a stronger horn book than Madison...and I think they are achieving it better....but that's just me...

WOW. not even close.

Brass and Horn book I had it..

Madison -great book , great brass line

Spirit -strong sounds ,a bit easy program might have trouble in August

Crossmen -muddy at times , and run ons , but will be strong by August

Boston -ripped Mis apart. dis jointed and in trouble, they took all the emotion out of MIS.

Surf. -first half good, second half not ready for the field yet.

• Like 1

I fail to see what scores you are looking at but it appears from the recaps that BAC was .50 over the SCOUTS last night in Music Ensemble. BAC received the same score on both nights and MADISON rose due to having a superior show. I sugggest reading the reviews and seeing that there are reasons for this.

I will point out then what ghost is referring....Not to belabor this point...but before you jump down Ghost's throat you need to look at the "field brass" scores from Arlington...

Field brass was judged at Arlington and not judged at old bridge...this is WHY he said 1.1 spread...

field brass score Arlington

Anyway...I really like Madison's show this year and I agree with you that their show is really good. From the box I feel they are where they deserve to be and I was at the old bridge show.