Cedarburg Show 7/3

GO TROOP!!!!

• Like 1

Troopers have always been stronger during the 2nd half of the season. If they are tied with Gmen now I think that they have a really good chance to leave them in their rearview! :thumbup:

• Like 1

Troopers have always been stronger during the 2nd half of the season. If they are tied with Gmen now I think that they have a really good chance to leave them in their rearview! :thumbup:

I agree. I am totally lovin' this season!

I agree. I am totally lovin' this season!

I still think that the midwest scores are about 2 to 2.5 points below comparable east coast scores this year. I think that Cavies are a point or so above Crown and Troop and Gmen are at the same level as Spirit! I am really looking forward to seeing these corps finally compete with the same judging panel! :thumbup:

• Like 1

Ahh! Good thought. I didn't know that rule !

Thanks TerriTroop!

I don't know this as a fact, but I believe the rule for no tarp on a grass field probably went into effect after the 1993 season.

What I do know as fact, in '93 the Mandarins put tarps down on the field. They were probably about a yard wide. I know that two of them stretched from about the front 25 yard line back to the 15 yard line midfield on each side of the field. Then there were a couple more tarps going from the midfield 15 yard line, back towards the center of the field forming either a pentagon (five sided)or a hexagon (6 sided), I don't remember which.

It was a great concept because it framed the much smaller corps, so they didn't look swallowed up by the full 100 yard field. The color guard even hid their flags and other equipment under the tarp to give the field a much cleaner look.

Any of you that were at the '93 finals will remember the extreme heat in Jackson, MS that year. Well when the Mandarins finished their show, they picked up their tarps and underneath the tarps all the grass had died from being under the tarps for as few as 15 minutes.

Now the good thing about that was that every time the Mandarins performed that week, which was between 3 and 5 times, they knew exactly where to place their tarps because it was burned into the field!!!

This is what I believe was the event that caused DCI to prohibit tarps on grass field. I would imagine that there was probably some restitution required by the athletic department.

For finals, DCI had those burned out spots painted green, so if you look closely to a video from finals in 93, you can see a different color of green about a yard wide stretching from the front 25 yard line back to the 15 yard line midfield.

Anybody else remember this?!?!?!