Motivation, I Need Some

Everyone's input are all good points. But, for me, are you competitive? Do you want to win at activites you currently take part in or do you give up/don't care? Just about everyone who marches in Drum & Bugle Corps has competed in something before drum corps. Many still do when they go back to school. Competing is part of their make-up. If it's not part of your pesonality, (wanting to succeed, afraid of losing, and at times you don't want to put in the effort) you may have problems with a world class corps. Better to really evaluate what you have to do, than begin the process and give up later on. A lot of time, money, practice, and self-confidence is required.

I wish you well.

Everyone's input are all good points. But, for me, are you competitive? Do you want to win at activites you currently take part in or do you give up/don't care? Just about everyone who marches in Drum & Bugle Corps has competed in something before drum corps. Many still do when they go back to school. Competing is part of their make-up. If it's not part of your pesonality, (wanting to succeed, afraid of losing, and at times you don't want to put in the effort) you may have problems with a world class corps. Better to really evaluate what you have to do, than begin the process and give up later on. A lot of time, money, practice, and self-confidence is required.

I wish you well.

Well band is all I've been a part of, but we've made for some little rivalries between other bands. lol We compete a lot, especially this next year (6 possible contests compared to the usual 3. :blink:) But I guess I want us to do as well as we can, and if we are rewarded for that, that's cool. I don't want to suck and win a competition, that's not satisfying at all. For me our performance as a whole comes first then the results. If someone else outperformed us, as long as they earned it, it's all fine with me.

If it's not part of your pesonality, (wanting to succeed, afraid of losing, and at times you don't want to put in the effort) you may have problems with a world class corps.

True, and if he " doesn't want to succeed, is afraid of losing, and at times doesn't want to put in the effort, etc ", he'll have a lot more difficulties in his future life than just making a spot in a " World Class Corps ", thats for sure. Life is competition. One is in" the game" whether they want to be or not.

Edited by BRASSO

True, and if he " doesn't want to succeed, is afraid of losing, and at times doesn't want to put in the effort, etc ", he'll have a lot more difficulties in his future life than just making a spot in a " World Class Corps ", thats for sure. Life is competition. One is in the game whether they want to be or not.

I think it's pretty obvious I want to succeed, considering I posted this thread and such, I want to put in the effort to change, ect. I want to succeed, and if anyone doubts, that I'll prove them wrong. Dead wrong. :ph34r:

I think it's pretty obvious I want to succeed, considering I posted this thread and such, I want to put in the effort to change, ect. I want to succeed, and if anyone doubts, that I'll prove them wrong. Dead wrong. :ph34r:

Hm. It seems that motivation has been achieved. :thumbup:

I hope so. Where are you considering auditioning at?

Bluecoats and Crown. It'd most likely be Bloo no contest if I wasn't so worried about not being able to get to Ohio for callback camps after I'd attend the Atlanta. Crown's not far away from me at all though, so I can make it there easier. It's more expensive though (as far as fees go). It may be cheaper once I'd have to pay for gas to Ohio though. :blink: Haha I'm glad I have a few months to decide and get the funds I need. Plus I have 5 years of eligibility left so if I didn't march this year it wouldn't be tragic, but I'd love to get my 5 years worth of marching experience.

Bluecoats and Crown. It'd most likely be Bloo no contest if I wasn't so worried about not being able to get to Ohio for callback camps after I'd attend the Atlanta. Crown's not far away from me at all though, so I can make it there easier. It's more expensive though (as far as fees go). It may be cheaper once I'd have to pay for gas to Ohio though. :blink: Haha I'm glad I have a few months to decide and get the funds I need. Plus I have 5 years of eligibility left so if I didn't march this year it wouldn't be tragic, but I'd love to get my 5 years worth of marching experience.

For sure. Well good luck. :thumbup:

For sure. Well good luck. :thumbup:

Thank you sir. And the same to you. :smile: