Motivation, I Need Some

! Listen to EVERYONE. You do NOT want to live with 'what if' it will eat at you. I have faith in you man, you got this!

I'm living with that regret right now, I've been texting a friend in BK everyday and boy do I feel like I'm missing out. So, that's not happening again. :smile: I just need that final push to get the gears turning.

I think about doing things, but they never get done. I guess that's my problem. I dunno, lately I've gotten sick of just watching, I had the opportunity to go audition this last summer, but didn't. I just want to make sure the 4th of the last 4 I have a chance to be a part of don't turn out the same way.

It's not rocket science: lace up your Nikes and DO IT. That's what tour is and that is what you can expect. You will wake up every morning in pain. You will stand in the sun for hours. You will not always love it. Sometimes, you'll hate it. And when you hate it, you need to lace up your Nikes and Just. Do. It.

I'm living with that regret right now, I've been texting a friend in BK everyday and boy do I feel like I'm missing out. So, that's not happening again. :smile: I just need that final push to get the gears turning.

Ill fly over there and literally kick your ###, that should work ;)

(not too hard, but enough to annoy you. Dont want to bruise the cushion! Lol no ####!)

• Like 1

Oh, and many times, you'll fail. You'll tick. You'll tick again. You'll get angry. You'll want to go back to the wonderful days of just being in awe of those amazing DCI drum corps. But that's not drum corps. Watching drum corps isn't drum corps. Drum corps doesn't change your life until you just go do it.

I don't know if this is motivation but my best friend marched Crossmen. He lost 110 pounds. I was scared to even look at him when he got back. He did Crossmen because he was addicted to drum corp videos. And thats exactly ALL he did. Watch corp videos but he never did anything physical about it. So he auditioned and made it and it was the best time of his life. On top of losing tons of weight lol

Edited by griego4m

I don't know if this is motivation but my best friend marched Crossmen. He lost 110 pounds. I was scared to even look at him when he got back. He did Crossmen because he was addicted to drum corp videos. And thats exactly ALL he did. Watch corp videos but he never did anything physical about it. So he audition and made it and it was the best time of his life. On top of losing tons of weight lol

110 pounds in 2 months?!?!?! That cant be healthy!!!! Haha

This subject is such a crucial decision for your life. You're talking about overcoming your self doubt and inaction to achieve a great goal. This decision will face you for the rest of your life. You have the opportunity to get into the habit of making the right decision now, not the easy one.

I learned that as a MM BITD and I've never forgotten the lesson. I've also collected over the years little one-liners that clarify for me what drum corps taught me. I put them in a book several years ago and still add to them. Here are some of the on-liners that apply to your decision. When you decide to commit to marching, and when you work to perfect your performance, you'll be the living embodiment of many of these. These are the things drum corps teaches you, and the reason you need to get the hell off the couch. If you find yourself smiling, or nodding your head in agreement, you probably have what it takes to do drum corps. If these have little affect on you, possibly the best place for you is on the couch just watching. What will it be?

"When a man is sufficiently motivated, discipline will take care of itself."

"Failure is the opportunity to begin again, more intelligently."

"The person who says it cannot be done should not interrupt the person doing it."

"Give me a stock clerk with a goal and I ill give you a man who will make history. Give me a man without a goal and I will give you a stock clerk."

"It's easy to sit up and take notice. What's difficult is to get up and take action."

"Talk is cheap because supply exceeds demand."

"Even if you are on the right track, you'll get run over if you just sit there."

"Imagination is a preview of life's coming attractions."

"With ordinary talent and extraordinary perseverance, all things are attainable."

"In reading the lives of great men, I found that the first victory they won was over themselves...Self-discipline with all of them came first."

"Successful people have the vision and conviction that a dream can be achieved."

"All growth is a leap in the dark, a spontaneous unpremeditated act without the benefit of experience."

"The probability that we may fail in the struggle ought not to deter us from the work towards a goal we believe to be attainable."

"A successful man is one who can lay a firm foundation with bricks others have thrown at him."

"Most people never run far enough on their first wind to find out if they've got a second. Give your dreams all you've got and you'll be amazed at the energy that comes out of you."

"Obstacles are those frightful things you see when you take your eyes off your goal."

"What is harder than rock, or softer than water? Yet soft water hollows out hard rock. Persevere."

"Live out of your imagination, not your history."

(Do this while you watch DC DVD's:) "Formulate and stamp indelibly on your mind a mental picture of yourself as succeeding. Hold this picture tenaciously and never permit it to fade. Your mind will seek to develop this picture."

"Doubt, of whatever kind, can be ended by action alone."

"Age wrinkles the body. Quitting wrinkles the soul."

"Your past is not your potential. In any hour you can choose to liberate the future."

"It's better to be a lion for a day than a sheep all of your life."

"You can't build a reputation on what you are going to do."

"Progress begins with the belief that what is necessary is possible."

"Don't be distracted by criticism. Remember that the only taste of success some people have is when they take a bite out of you."

"Cowards die many times before their deaths. The valiant...taste death but once."

"Good ideas are not adopted automatically. They must be driven into practice with courageous impatience."

"Without enthusiasm you are doomed to a life of mediocrity, but with it you can accomplish miracles."

"If you're out to describe the truth, leave elegance to the tailor."

Edited by garfield
  • Like 2

I don't know if this is motivation but my best friend marched Crossmen. He lost 110 pounds. I was scared to even look at him when he got back. He did Crossmen because he was addicted to drum corp videos. And thats exactly ALL he did. Watch corp videos but he never did anything physical about it. So he auditioned and made it and it was the best time of his life. On top of losing tons of weight lol

Dang, I'm not that fat! lol (No offense to your friend, but you gotta be BIG to lose that much weight!) Right now I could lose about 40 probably.