East Coast Inflation

Sure I can, I just choose not to!!!!!!!! I'm ok with being annoying! But, I am putting my money where my mouth is and help recruit and work to get Texas kids involved in the wonderful world of my beloved BK!!!! oh wait, wait for it wait for it.............. BKBKBKBKBKBKBKBKBKBKBKBKBKBKBKBKBKBKBKBKBKBKBKBKBKBKBKBKBKBKBKBKBKBKBKBKBKBKBKBKBKBKBKBKBKBKBKBKBKBKBKBKBKBKBKBKBKBKBKBKBKBKBKBKBKBKBKBKB!!!!!!!!!!:-):-)

BKBKBKBKBKBKBKBKBKBKBKBKBKBKBKBKBKBKBKBKBKBKBKBKBKBKBKBKBKBKBKBKBKBKBKBKBKBKBKBKBKBKBKBKBKBKBKBKBKBKBKBKBKBKBKBKBKBKBKBKBKBKBKBKBKBKBKBKBKBKBKBK, more???

I don't care about being annoying I love the corps, and the way they operate!! Mark Arnold and staff are some of the best folks you'll ever meet. If that's annoying I'm glad to be annoying!! Have a great life:-)!

Keep what you're doing. BK needs someone representing them on here and I don't find you annoying at all. Haters gonna hate.

• Like 2

How can we sit behind a computer and call a stranger annoying. Hes a great guy, and its nice to see him loyal to his corps. I dont see him "honking" at all.......

G

Thanks G, I appreciate it. I am the BK HONK CHAMPION OF THE WORLD, and that's cool! Just want to be passionate about a team of wonderful folks from Denver Colorado! Best of luck and much love to all corps this summer!! Looking forward to watching DATR this weekend on FN, gonna be a great show! Thanks again man, very classy of you :worthy:

Wesley Perkins

Keep what you're doing. BK needs someone representing them on here and I don't find you annoying at all. Haters gonna hate.

Thanks. I hope as does the corps that many people will become die hard fans as the Blue Knights continue to press into the style that they've establlished for themselves.Recruiting has been mega boosted and more and more people are starting to represent their love for this corps everyday. I am excited for that and it's awesome to witness!!

Wes P

Wes, Keep on honking! Isn't that what drum corps is all about.

Love your corps and respect all the others.

So about this inflation...what is the economic solution to inflation? Cut the money supply by raising interest rates?

How would that translate to drum corps??

Yeah thanks man, my wife says I have three seasons in our household- Football- Tech/Cowboys Basketball- Spurs, and Summertime is Blue Knights and drum corps time!! Thanks for the kind words I'm just having fun with the guy calling me annoying!! BECAUSE I AM!!!:)

Wes P

So about this inflation...what is the economic solution to inflation? Cut the money supply by raising interest rates?

How would that translate to drum corps??

I think there's not much to be done! You could have a shorter summer tour which some corps choose to do, but if everyone did that the final product would suffer! I think the logic of smaller panels is economic, it just puts a lot of weight to 1 judges opinion! 1 bad number and it hurts the score! Honestly I think they need to do 6 judges for smaller shows- 2 music, 2 vis 1 GE vis and 1 GE mus. I think bring the performance captions in at the mid part if the summer- MN. just my opinion!

Wes P

Ok, so there are some wacky scores going on this summer. Does it mean anything? No, because until all corps go head to head we don't know where everyone really sits, But Lord The East Coast Is Having Them Some Inflation!! Possible that Crown is better than Cavies/Cadets at this point, could be, they're likely close. But Scouts and Boston 78 & 77 respectively? Seems quite high, I bet Bluecoats are better than both those corps yet they're scoring 76ish right now. BStars and BK at 74, but Spirit at 74 on East Coast? Not judging it's possible, but I'm betting both BK and Bstars are both closer to Madison and Boston than Spirit! No diss intended for anyone but I thing East Coast Inflations in full effect!!

Wes P

Yeah, back in my day the DCM judges would make their corps feel good during what was then the pre-tour part of the season, while the east coast judges would punish you. It was disheartening to hear that all the corps out west were outscoring you by 3 or 5 points before you even had a chance to see them, lol!

Maybe you can't go on youtube and watch performances of different corps and tell which one is better or cleaner, but I can

If you played a brass instrument, how can you effectively watch a percussion line in a full show on Youtube, then compare that percussion line from another Corps full show on Youtube from presumbably a different show, and " tell which percusssion line is better " ( and by how much ) ? I frankly don't know how this works. If you are an experienced percussionist ( or guard ) how can you effectively watch a brass line in a full show on Youtube, then compare that brass line from another full show with another Corps from presumbably a different show, and " tell which brass line is better ? " ( and likewise, by how much ). Please explain to me how we can effectively judge from a youtube viewing in the first place. And if Youtube was an effective way to judge Corps, maybe DCI could save travel expenses of the judges. They could have the judges just watch live or download the performance to the judge's home computer after the performance, and the judge could then quickly score the Corps from home 1500 miles away and send it to the stadium, DCI HQ, and to DCP. Think of the savings involved for everybody to simply have at- home, telecomputing, scoring "Youtuba " DCI brass judges or whatever.

Edited by BRASSO
  • Like 1

I agree 100% Brasso- YouTube is video taken by everyday folk. You have a gazillion different types of video recording devices that have a gazillion different video qualities. Even if you do find a great quality video on YouTube you have to take vantage point/angle into the equation! YouTube great for entertainment not so much for accurate comparisons!

Wes P