Should we allow guards to be amped?

70 members have voted

1. 1. Should we allow guards to be amped?

• Yes. Everything else can be amped, so why not the guards?
    • No. Let's stop the amp race and draw the line at brass and percussion.
    • Undecided. However, I like waffles.

With all the hoopla about amping percussion and brass, should we finally cross the line and allow guards to be amped? And, if so, how should we do it? What benefits might we experience from amping the guards? What downsides might we experience?

With all the hoopla about amping percussion and brass, should we finally cross the line and allow guards to be amped? And, if so, how should we do it? What benefits might we experience from amping the guards? What downsides might we experience?

I say no... I don't want to listen to them count (out of time, as usual)

We are just getting to the point where dutting is getting called out by judges for being too loud, lets not push it.

I say wireless mics on ALL guard members! With the pit and hornline mic'd now the guard is getting absolutely BURIED. How are they supposed to balance it all for the DVD's and CD's? And once they mic the guard we need to really look into mic'ing the battery. After years of indoor performances shattering the eardrums of judges, how are they supposed to correctly hear them out doors or in that giant dome for finals?

Screw it, better idea. The week before finals, every corps goes into the studio and records each person individually. Then we strap small amps to their chests and everyone mimes their show, allowing the staff to properly balance everything on the fly.

• Like 3

...The week before finals, every corps goes into the studio and records each person individually. Then we strap small amps to their chests and everyone mimes their show, allowing the staff to properly balance everything on the fly.

Wouldn't it be better to just mix everything down in the studio so the staff doesn't have to balance everything on the fly? That way we could enjoy the designer's cut. Do I have to do all the thinking around here?

They could also implant motor-controllers into the appropriate part of the brain, and program the implants for having the marcher move to perform his/her/its drill 100% accurate.

no no no no they should be pre-recorded! DUHHHHH!:thumbup:

They could also implant motor-controllers into the appropriate part of the brain, and program the implants for having the marcher move to perform his/her/its drill 100% accurate.

But might drill become passé? If so, shouldn't we plan for whatever is going to replace drill? How about laser light shows that create drill evolutions on the field?

No! Back In my day of 2014 we would never think of an idea like that!

We only amp Brass, Pit, Battery, and our Woodwind Sections.......BUT I DRAWL THE LINE THERE!

Crown already did it.

Only for a short segment with a beatnik poet, if we're thinking of the same moment.

It still awaits for a corps to step up and really plug in the guard.