Jackson, NJ 7/6

LOL...I thought you were @loudbrass :tongue:

Nope. I'm several hundred miles away--sigh!

Yep--they were ready when the scores were posted. Great job DCI!!!

Boston topped Madison Scouts in Percussion tonite with a percussion judge installed for the show. I didn't see that coming. Prosperie's a good veteran judge and one that'll be seen at Indy for certain. But Madison increased their lead over Boston overall by more than 2 points, so this was a good night for them as they continue to impress.

Crown is a darkhorse here for the DCI Title. They are within shooting range, imo. And this show theme gives them lots of opportunities to add stuff too.

Edited by BRASSO

And I think Boston is finished.

From @loudbrass:

Boston on now. More vis demand than Scouts. Good between too. Brass needs work. Loud but not clean. Good book though.

Looks like straigt up Les Miz but with other melodies sprinkled in. Expected something more innovative.

Visually they borrow heavily from Blackwatch in the ballad.

Performers are excellent. Design, well, not so much.

If you've never seen les Miz on the field before, it's good. if you've seen 89 Cadets, it's kinda "meh".

who is Blackwatch "WGI" or a band

Boston topped Madison Scouts in Percussion tonite with a percussion judge installed for the show. I didn't see that coming. Prosperie's a good veteran judge and one that'll be seen at Indy for certain.

I'm not surprised with Ellis Hampton at the helm... :smile:

Who cares?

• Like 1

It's a WGI guard.

• Like 1

Crown is a darkhorse here for the Title. They are within shooting range, imo.

I'm glad there is someone else who thinks that. All I'm hearing is BD, Cavies, and Cadets will be 1-2-3 (in some order) and everyone else will be fighting for 4-5-6. I think Crown is in the thick of it and I'm sure there will be some improvements (and a few changes) all the way to Finals.

Several of us have said it before: This is going to be a VERY interesting season.

• Like 1

Crossmen drum line has been hyped a lot on DCP this year... drum judge at this show was not buying it

Thats a bit unfair, imo. Crossmen's strength is their drumline. In their future mix of Corps fighting for a Finalist spot it just might be their drumline that gives them those precious tenths that might ne needed.

Edited by BRASSO