The Top 12 Battle

Who Makes Finals?   

169 members have voted

1. 1. Which Corps Do You Think Is In At This Point?

• The Academy
    • Spirit of Atlanta
    • Colts
    • Troopers
    • Crossmen
    • Glassmen
    • Other World Class Corps
    • An Open Class Corps

It could happen; they sound amazing . . . but there's definitely some transitions that need to improve (especially regarding the ballad) as the summer goes on. Perhaps I'm dense (and it wouldn't be the first time nuance is lost on me), but I don't get the effect the white tarp is going for in the show at all. It seems more of a distraction than anything else.

I thought the same thing!! Bostons show is very disjointed! The tarps seem like some type of really bad wgi show gone wrong! I think Boston will be in solid 11th for a good while but if the corps underneath clean and obtain more mature sounds one or two may pass them!! A bit of danger time for them!!

Wes P

Academy sounds amazing, and their opener is one of my favorites this year; then, though, the show kinda loses me. It's a lot like the Colts for me in that regard: it grabs you by the throat, but then things sort of meander along until the recapitulation at the end.

All of the 12-17 corps really need to be applauded for stepping up their game this year. It's one of the most entertaining and "listenable" years I can remember for this particular grouping of corps. :smile:

Academy IS fielding the most: competitive, terrifically designed, impressive book and fan friendly showcase since

its entry into WC.

As previously mentioned, the Corps in the usual 13 through 17 tier have really stepped up its game.

However, I foresee Spirit of Atlanta, solidly marching away in the 12th position.

Academy IS fielding the most: competitive, terrifically designed, impressive book and fan friendly showcase since

its entry into WC.

As previously mentioned, the Corps in the usual 13 through 17 tier have really stepped up its game.

However, I foresee Spirit of Atlanta, solidly marching away in the 12th position.

Until these Corps go head to head, its anybody's guess. But Spirit looks to have a great shot right now it seems to me.

Although I haven't seen everyone live yet, I have seen the videos, and some of the corps live..........

I think Spirit will easily make finals, and may do 11th.........I think they have a stonger show than Boston this year, and the corps is solid in all captions.

I've seen Boston and Spirit 3 times this year live. Spirit has a good chance to make Finals, but Boston is a step up in performance talent in percussion, guard, and brass than Spirit is, imo. The current score spreads reflect this too.

I wouldn't state that a Corps " will easily make Finals" unless I've seen not only that Corps, but its competitor's Corps from across the Country, both midwest, and west coast and live in head to head matchups. Nothings " easy " when we are in early July as to who will or will not make Finals, imo.

Edited by BRASSO
  • Like 1

How does Blue Devils B compare to these 12-17 place World Class Corps? I never get to see them, and I don't know how Open Class scores translate to World Class. With the new format allowing Open Class corps to compete with World at finals, are they changing the number of corps that make Semifinals? If only 17 corps make semis like last year, and BD B gets in, one of these corps (Colts, probably) won't get to perform Friday night at Lucas Oil.

25 corps will make it to semis, so I'd say BDB is a near shoe-in, since there are only 23 WC corps. Certainly all the corps being discussed in this thread will be there. I doubt more than one WC corps will get bumped out of semis.

Edited by skywhopper

Interesting point about Boston, and it actually crossed my mind when making this poll with both them and the Blue Knights that perhaps one of these two might be upset for a spot in Finals. Not that either of these are having a down year, but that those behind them are having great years. It would be very crazy if this happened, but at the same time, a sign of the level of competitiveness in the corps at this level.

i think you may be right and Glassmen can say the same...great show..nice sound...better than usual IMO BUTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT so are others behind them...We've all seen a corps be better from 1 year to the next and drop or not move forward...heartbreaking sometimes...As far as Boston I think there was alot of HYPe as to how this show was going to go over ,espcially to the fan who wants a crowd friendly, familiar type program..I just think in their case it didnt live up at all to it......JMO

My thoughts exactly. I think Boston and the corps above them have great maturity in their performance- brass, percussion and guard. While Spirit and the 13-17 crew are all having banner years they'll have to jump up a few notches in performance levels/ maturity of sound to compete with BAC or any top 10 corps. I feel that they 12-17 groups have to overcome more youth/experience issues to be at the next level with Boston. Can they do it? I don't know, but Bostons design is the weakest of the groups 11-17 honestly. Still that's a big hurdle to leap, we'll see!

Wes P

25 corps will make it to semis, so I'd say BDB is a near shoe-in, since there are only 23 WC corps. Certainly all the corps being discussed in this thread will be there. I doubt more than one WC corps will get bumped out of semis.

I could see BDB being 18th when said and done. I don't see that as a stretch!

Wes P