Phil's Spread Calculation Standings

This is a cool ranking system you've employed, imo.

There are probably a dozen ranking systems that DCI, DCP, Sound Machine, Corps sites, fans, etc have out for the Corps rankings.

Maybe at the end of the season , we could have a ranking system vote here on DCP that ranks the ranking systems.

This one offers what seems like a new twist and calculates the spreads. I like it. It'll be interesting to see how the placements, and in particular the spreads here, might change as the season unfolds too.

Nice work !

Standings on first page have been updated to reflect 7/8 scores.

Now that the east and midwest have come together and seen a full panel I figured I'd post my current Spread Based Standings.

01 …… 83.74 …… Cavaliers

02 …… 82.75 …… Cadets

03 …… 82.23 …… Crown

04 …… 82.04 …… Blue Devils

05 …… 80.50 …… Bluecoats

06 …… 80.15 …… Phantom

07 …… 78.84 …… Santa Clara

08 …… 78.66 …… Blue Stars

09 …… 78.48 …… Madison

10 …… 77.87 …… Blue Knights

11 …… 76.95 …… Boston

12 …… 75.01 …… Spirit

13 …… 73.90 …… Glassmen

14 …… 73.43 …… Crossmen

15 …… 73.12 …… Academy

16 …… 73.05 …… Colts

17 …… 72.81 …… Troopers

18 …… 68.21 …… Pacific Crest

19 …… 67.30 …… Mandarins

20 …… 66.51 …… Teal Sound

21 …… 65.31 …… Cascades

22 …… 64.32 …… Jersey Surf

23 …… 61.15 …… Pioneer

Updated to reflect 7/8 shows.

WTF? Colts and Crossmen over Troopers? Colts have beaten Troopers once and Crossmen haven't beaten Troopers at all! I guess why there are 4 kinds of liars.... liars, **** liars, statisticians and DCP statisticians! :thumbdown:

• Like 1

WTF? Colts and Crossmen over Troopers? Colts have beaten Troopers once and Crossmen haven't beaten Troopers at all! I guess why there are 4 kinds of liars.... liars, **** liars, statisticians and DCP statisticians! :thumbdown:

troopers are being hurt by the fact that the last time they saw a couple corps they had a lower score thus giving them a larger spread against those corps. this is holding down their score. A good showing at their next show should bring them back up into the 12th place mix.

this is always my favorite rankings thread-- I don't understand why other rankings based only on the raw scores are as popular as they are-- it's all about the spreads!

Interesting where Bluecoats, Blue Stars, Madison are calculated to be ranked -- not saying I disagree in the least. (though I know a poster or three on a certain popular corps' thread on DCP that might! hehe)

• Like 1

First page has been updated to reflect 7/9 scores

first page standings updated to reflect 7/10 results.