Drums Along The Rockies

I'm pretty sure you're hearing the "feed" audio and it's much different in the stands.....which applies to all the similar comments about previous corps audio. Just sayin'

They're able to fix that in post-processing for the DVDs but it's tough to get a good balance live.

Is it just me, or does anyone else think that the Cadets show would be even better with better guard unis?

totally agree. Not enought contrast.

I'm pretty sure you're hearing the "feed" audio and it's much different in the stands.....which applies to all the similar comments about previous corps audio. Just sayin'

This is starting to remind me of early 80's recordings where they would place the mike's for the recordings in front of the pit. Sounded like a ice cream truck parked on the 50. Live was a different experience. Perhaps the microphone placement has to be re-thought again.

I saw each of these shows live. if memory serves Academy and Phantom had their speakers more in the center of the pit which seemed to work well tonight, BD and Cadets had them further out well beyond the edge of their pit sections. I imagine the synth sound is over the top on the feed due to the mic placements. I promise you, Cadets and BD both were light years better live than on this broadcast.

Sadly this is DCP. Apparently it is acceptable to be rude when BD is the topic.

Oh relax... people are rude to every corps... and BD gets a lot of heat... most of the time deserved... for being so good... yet wasting their talent with shows that are not enjoyable for most of the fans in the crowd.

As for this year... I'm not sure yet... not a fan of MIC'D SCREAMERS..... it just seems like another BD show again. (Note this used to be a good thing... but things started switching in 07 or 08 when I started to really question design direction. And then 09/10 I flat out didn't enjoy at all... all of this IMO of course).

• Like 2