Is the top 12 already sorted

I've seen Crossmen twice............I just don't think they have the horses or show to get there, although I think they will be respectable.

I do believe that Glassmen will not make the cut this year(subpar arrangements), but I believe Spirit of Atlanta will replace them, as they do seem to have

both the horses and the show to get in and perhaps get 11th. I do think there is a slim chance that Boston could be knocked out, as the musical show,

especially 2nd half, isn't that great. However, they are ok visually, and the corps has talent in all segments, so someone would really

have to step up their game to knock them out, and I don't see anyone in the 13-17 range showing what it takes at this point.

GB

In head to head matchups,Crossmen was closer to Spirit on Thurs. ( 1 point ) than Spirit was to Boston ( over 2 points ). Just looking at the score speads right now, there is a much better chance of Crossmen overtaking Spirit, than Boston falling out of the Top 12. In my opinion, there is a better chance of Boston moving up from 11th, than falling out of the Top 12. I think the competition for 12th will be fascinating, but I don't think right now that BK or BAC look like they are going to fall out of the Top 12. Boston's terrific Visual program and Guard alone should be enough for them. Both BK and BAC could move up if anything.

Edited by BRASSO

What's letting Crossmen down in your opinion?

I think the musical book is ok, but not great........also, brassline is working hard, but has a long way to go......

Drumline is their most improved caption, IMO.......

I don't think the show has great visual impact.....not enough color............

All said, I do believe they are a bit better than last year and respectable.....but just don't have the horses to challenge for a finals spot, IMO......

GB

In head to head matchups,Crossmen was closer to Spirit on Thurs. ( 1 point ) than Spirit was to Boston ( over 2 points ). Just looking at the score speads right now, there is a much better chance of Crossmen overtaking Spirit, than Boston falling out of the Top 12. In my opinion, there is a better chance of Boston moving up from 11th, than falling out of the Top 12. I think the competition for 12th will be fascinating, but I don't think right now that BK or BAC look like they are going to fall out of the Top 12. Both these 2 Corps could move up if anything.

I think BK is solid....secure in at least 10th, and could move up............I don't think BAC is nearly as solid. I would agree that

someone would have to knock it out of the park to knock Boston out of finals, and that's a longshot at best, and unlikely to happen.

I do think Spirit has a much stronger show than Crossmen even though the score has been tighter recently. However, I think Spirit

has the horses to get their show clean, which not only will secure their spot in finals, but could propel them past Boston into 11th. They have

been within a point of Boston, and have beaten them in captions........I do think the weakness in the musical book of Boston's second half will hold

them back from challenging anyone in the top 10, especially when everyone starts executing their shows.........

I don't think the battle for 12th is going to be too fierce.........but I think it will be very fierce 13-17, and would not be surprised if all of those

corps beat each other sometime down the stretch. For a change, though, we might also see quite a battle to win nationals this year......hopefully with more than

2 corps having a shot.

GB

My reply, is ofcourse, very biased, because I have two sons marching in The Crossmen this year. I have not been to a show yet and have heard a only a few recordings and seen some video. Looking at scores from all over, there are a number of corps that can say they are still "in it" or have a reasonable chance of improving their program to pass The Spirit of Atlanta to grab that last spot. Two nights ago, based on highest scores, Spirit, The Crossmen, Glassmen, Colts, Troopers and The Academy were all within 3.5 points of each other. These corps will not all meet to compete head to head for about a week, and alot more will be known after the first regional. This is the best competitive postion The Crossmen have had been in in at least three seasons, and they know it. The Crossmen will keep on pushing to get better and close the gap.

DCI makes it extremely hard for the 13th - 17th corps to move up. At DCI Minnesota the Crossmen will perform a full three hours before the Glassmen. The judges will be treat the second half has a separate show even through they are not supposed to. Going on early and long lunch breaks kill the chance for anyone to move up. Battle for 12th will be close regardless.

I'm not convinced our beloved Bones are out of it yet. You and I both know this corps has got the passion and fire this year. While their show last night was not the strongest I have seen, you can tell the drill is starting to change and I predict there will be some major changes. During Spinning Wheel, part of the brass stood in what is usually a weak marching point. Today, they have rehearsals all day long. Sounds like big changes coming up. They have already added to the music.

If you look at the recaps from last night, you can see that they placed 3rd in the Visual category. I think this is proof that they are still in the running for finals. Agreed, they have work to do, but they CAN do it!

never, Never, NEVER give up!

Go Bones!

• Like 1

I would wait until the first regional to do much worrying about scores. The only time you get a real accurate picture of where corps really match up is when they're all at the same show being judged by the same people.

The fact that so many corps are truly competing for the top-12 is a testament to how hard all the kids are working out there. I've seen years where it was anyone's guess regarding the corps at the top of the standings, but this year is especially exciting for the fact that a number of corps are legitimate top-12 contenders and none of them can afford to lay back. For the fans, that's going to make things remarkably exciting in the final stretch of the season.

I'm hoping that the members of the corps that don't make the top-12 eventually mostly remember the great season and the thrill of the chase and not the disappointment of finishing in 13th or lower...because they are responsible for making this a season of excitement like I haven't seen in ages.

• Like 1

The fact that so many corps are truly competing for the top-12 is a testament to how hard all the kids are working out there. I've seen years where it was anyone's guess regarding the corps at the top of the standings, but this year is especially exciting for the fact that a number of corps are legitimate top-12 contenders and none of them can afford to lay back. For the fans, that's going to make things remarkably exciting in the final stretch of the season.

I'm hoping that the members of the corps that don't make the top-12 eventually mostly remember the great season and the thrill of the chase and not the disappointment of finishing in 13th or lower...because they are responsible for making this a season of excitement like I haven't seen in ages.

who cares I just want bones back!!!!

I am only yanking your chain and it is looking interesting in and around the 12th position.

Nobody is out of the top 12 until "The Fat Lady Sings", and I haven't seen Rosanne Barr in the area! The difference between 12th and say 15th will be less than a point, in my estimation, so on any given day it could be any of Spirit, Troopers, Academy, Crossmen, Colts maybe even BK or Boston! I think that this will be one hell of a bumpy ride in the last few weeks with Spirit strong, a virtually unknown Academy, a surging Troop, and a strong Colts and Crossmen! Fun, Fun, Fun!!! Just like drum corps is supposed to be! :worthy: :worthy: