grand prix

Well, for all we know, Fran's the leak. I mean, do you know of a more shifty character than him?

:innocent::whistle::peek::ninja:

Well, for all we know, Fran's the leak. I mean, do you know of a more shifty character than him?

The shirts are just a diversion, aren't they???!!!

Just more proof that the raw scores mean very little. Judges rank first and then assign the score based on those rankings. What jumps out at me is that Bucs are (once again) winning EVERY caption...except for guard. Not a good sign for the rest on the circuit when they continue to maintain such balanced dominance. BTW, either Hurcs guard is absolutely phenomenal or the other guards are twirling rebar and juggling bowling balls...

I think that is partially true. I think it has more to do with the opening score. After that its about the spreads.

Hurcs guard is absolutely phenomenal. Additionally, they are staged so well. Hurcs have a smaller brass line this year, so staging the color guard is a heck of a lot easier. Combine that with just how ridiculously musical the guard design is, and how well trained they are, it's going to be almost impossible for any one to catch them in that caption (I say almost because I haven't seen MBI yet).

Totally agree! It was my first time seeing them Saturday night. They totally commanded my attention and made me watch them. I can't remember when a guard ever did that to me. And I'm a percussion guy!

Just more proof that the raw scores mean very little.

I agree.

And the Bucs once again... well, let's just say that the corps' longtime "Balance in Blue" concept is still alive and well!

:innocent::whistle::peek::ninja:

well old buddy..........i guess you've been exposed...........:tongue: . fran i'll see ya when my stuff is over. tony will be in touch.

Not trying to derail this thread here, but I'm gonna tip my hat to two multiple-time DCA champions.... the Sunrisers and Bushwackers.

I've already shared my feelings on my old team, the Sunrisers. It is wonderful to see the corps coming back to life with a base of dedicated performers and staff.

And the Bushwackers... I think they have weathered the storm. There was a noticeable difference in their performance/confidence level at the Cabs' show compared to the Barnum Festival the weekend before. Their drum line, in particular their battery, is very solid... a good building block for the months/years to come.

Both Sun and Bush could have made the easy decision, given their recent struggles, and packed it in for good. But to their credit, they made the tough decision... to keep moving forward. I think we are all the better for that.

• Like 4

well old buddy..........i guess you've been exposed...........:tongue: . fran i'll see ya when my stuff is over. tony will be in touch.

:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

looking at the recap, rank and rate is indeed what they did. numbers can fluctuate...there's no rule that says every number must go up every week.

there's no rule that says every number must go up every week.

People can have a show that's a worse run than their last one for a lot of reasons. Jeff's spot on. I think people expect growth every week- but if you want growth, you have to EARN it. Something that some people miss the boat on.