grand prix

:-(

it is simply wrong to release scores before they are announced to the paying live audience - period... there is NO justification that could make this right...

While I understand where Tom's coming from, it's the 21st century. If DCA is going to allow anyone besides the tabulator and announcer to see the scores before they are announced, there will always be a chance of a leak. Once sheets and recaps are handed to anyone else, the reasonable expectation of "security" is gone. Factor in an hour of exhibition performances while your corps staffs have their post-show critique, and it's a thousand times worse.

It's also not reasonable for DCA to ask corps staffs to keep scores under wraps. Sometimes they call corps staff/admin that aren't at the show, sometimes they tell members. And you know what? That's up to the corps to decide. There's an old Army saying, "Never issue an order you know won't be followed".

If DCA really wants to put the kibosh on this "problem", they won't give out sheets until after scores are announced.

• Like 1

plus if you dont get them out, the Don gets testy :tongue:

• Like 1

Bucs 84.15

Hurcs 81.55

Cabs 77.95 (.2)

Fusion 73.35

Windsor 69.6

Sun 64.5

Bush 63.4 (3.5)

Great show tonight.....

Does anyone know what the 3.5 penalty against Bush was... ?

Great show tonight.....

Does anyone know what the 3.5 penalty against Bush was... ?

undertime

yeah jeff your right. and tom knows to how impatient i get. :lookaround:

I just spoke with freinds that where at the show last night ,from what they said Sunrisers did a nice job,but sounds like only half the guard was there .Even with that said they picked um for 4th over Windsor and Fusion ,nice to hear that. Also they where wearing there new costumes made to look like Les Mis'erables nice touch .

Edited by Florida Sun

w00t.gif

To be a fly on the wall at the judges meeting!

I thought the scores seemed a little low, then I looked at recaps:

Music Ensemble from Wildwood (June 18) to Grand Prix (July 9):

Sunrisers: 135 in Wildwood to 108 this week

Windsor: 134 to 121

Fusion: 150 to 133

Cabs: 154 to 149

Bucs: 165 to 161

To say nothing of the brass scores which had Bucs go down 2 points from Wildwood to Wayne.

Sun closed the gap in brass between itself and Bucs in brass from 54 points in Wildwood to 23 point tonight even though the ensemble gap between them went from 30 in Wildwood to 53 tonight (with the perc gap staying close to the same).

Just a few of the things that jump out when looking at the recaps on a Sunday morning...

:-(

it is simply wrong to release scores before they are announced to the paying live audience - period... there is NO justification that could make this right...

I've been a paying member of the audience and have always counted on getting my scores via text or via Internet long before the scores are announced. I've come to expect that over the years. Plus I know some people that know some people that robbed some people. Snort :):):):)

To be a fly on the wall at the judges meeting!

I thought the scores seemed a little low, then I looked at recaps:

Music Ensemble from Wildwood (June 18) to Grand Prix (July 9):

Sunrisers: 135 in Wildwood to 108 this week

Windsor: 134 to 121

Fusion: 150 to 133

Cabs: 154 to 149

Bucs: 165 to 161

To say nothing of the brass scores which had Bucs go down 2 points from Wildwood to Wayne.

Sun closed the gap in brass between itself and Bucs in brass from 54 points in Wildwood to 23 point tonight even though the ensemble gap between them went from 30 in Wildwood to 53 tonight (with the perc gap staying close to the same).

Just a few of the things that jump out when looking at the recaps on a Sunday morning...

Just more proof that the raw scores mean very little. Judges rank first and then assign the score based on those rankings. What jumps out at me is that Bucs are (once again) winning EVERY caption...except for guard. Not a good sign for the rest on the circuit when they continue to maintain such balanced dominance. BTW, either Hurcs guard is absolutely phenomenal or the other guards are twirling rebar and juggling bowling balls...
  • Like 1