Cadets 07 vs. Crown 09

Who would have won if they competed head to head?  

106 members have voted

1. 1. Who would have won if they competed head to head?

• The Cadets 2007
    • Carolina Crown 2009

Crown, easily. At least, if I were judging. 2007 Cadets is one of my LEAST favorite shows.

If you were judging GE, maybe. As far as execution? Things might be different.

After doing a run through in 2007, we were told that we could do quarterfinals for that run. That was in Colorado, two weeks before finals. I almost though George was joking, but after being a part of the corps for 25+ years, he would never lie. But I believe there is no score high enough for Cadets 2007....after being a part of that corps, I will not lie, we were truly monsters and conquered the show. I will talk about it until the day I die.

I also have to give props to Crown 2009. I hated to admit their brass was top-notch, but it was the truth. If you did this poll with the same corps, but with brass as the focus, I would have given it to Crown 2009. Sensemaya at 210/220 in 7/8 time? And it sounded freakin' good. Show concept flowed beautifully, and the beginning of the show was, and still is, the most musical and most innovative of all time in DCI.

So there. My two cents.

• Like 5

Crown, easily. At least, if I were judging. 2007 Cadets is one of my LEAST favorite shows.

Thank you for articulating why you'd be a poor judge. It's not about what's your favorite. It's about what's executed better.

• Like 4

Once again - Cadets 2007 because it's one of Cardmans LEAST FAVORITE SHOWS EVER. Did you know that he doesn't like The Cadets 2005 & 2007 shows and for some inexplicable reason feels the need to tell everyone. Give it a rest already! :shutup:

I was there in 2007 and yes the jibba jabba was distracting, but "IF" you saw it live and "IF" you were able to appreciate the sheer genius of that hornline and drill (not a percussionist or guardy person - sorry) then you would have been able to see past the distraction. Semi-finals they were on fire. This was a brilliantly executed show that is sadly remembered for all the wrong reasons. Give credit where it's due.

• Like 2

Your posts would have more meaning if you weren't so obviously biased.

Because I marched there? Nah.

Would it help if I told you that I think Cadets should have gotten lower in 08 and 10?

Just callin' it like I see it. Especially post ageout. Just because I marched somewhere doesn't mean I think they should win every year.