Cadets 07 vs. Crown 09

Who would have won if they competed head to head?  

106 members have voted

1. 1. Who would have won if they competed head to head?

• The Cadets 2007
    • Carolina Crown 2009

Cadets 2007. One of the best performances I've seen a drum corps give when I saw them live that year. And anyone who had the pleasure of hearing a Cadets encore in 07 knows exactly how phenomenal than hornline was. Is is still my personal opinion that that may have been the best performing drum corps ever. Can't stand to listen to that show now... oh well.

• Like 3

Cadets - no doubt - even with all the stupid yack yack yacking. That hornline was the best I've heard in person.

• Like 3

This is easy! Blue Devils 08!

lol... It never fails to surprise me that people love that show so much... I'm a BD fan, and I think it's a good show, but I also think it's easy fodder for all the complaints people have had about BD recently (weird theatrics, choppy music, etc), and in many ways is a case where those complaints might be legitimated (not by me, though). So what's the deal?

I like all the love Cadets 2007 is getting... And I actually think it was a cleaner performance than CC. And it is of course awesome to see CC 09 still getting all the support that it so deserves.

Cadets 07. They reached a level of precision that is astounding in this activity. They just happened to have a progressive show that too many people found annoying. But still, they were way better than crown 09.

• Like 2

Cadets 2007

I also think that if Hash gate didn't happen and the championships weren't on the west coast in 2007, Cadets would of won.

So Ashy!

What a horrible idea to put DCI on the west coast.....once.

"I believe in hash marks....this I believe"

What a horrible idea to put DCI on the west coast.....once.

"I believe in hash marks....this I believe"

We'll see what DCI 2018 brings!

It never fails to surprise me that people love that show (Blue Devils 2008, "Constantly Risking Absurdity") so much. I'm a BD fan, and I think it's a good show, but I also think it's easy fodder for all the complaints people have had about BD recently (weird theatrics, choppy music, etc), and in many ways is a case where those complaints might be legitimated (not by me, though). So what's the deal?

It's the best show the Velvet Knights never did. Comic genius that would make Jacques Tati proud. And you have to watch it at least once on high camera video; the multi-cam doesn't do it justice.