Boston 2011 and Cadets 1989

Just curious if anyone has noticed that the beginning of Boston Crusaders show is almost the same as Cadets 1989....meaning the opening fanfare of "I Dreamed an Dream" hits as soon as the announcer finishes speaking.

This is not a one did it first or who did it better thing. I actually really liked hearing Boston do that, probably cuz it just brought a lot back from my rookie year.

89 Cadets is still one of my favorite shows.....only wish the timing of the corps one minute warm-up and announcer had worked out on finals night......just happy I got to see it several times live that summer when it did line up. Maybe because of the unfortunate timing some people didn't even know what it was supposed to be?

Sorry if something like this has already been posted somewhere

Edited by dbg

Yes, but I really enjoyed the '89 preshow. I'll refrain from comparing the two shows more than that. I look forward to see how Boston has improved their show soon! thumbup.gif

They are a classy organization.

Yes, but I really enjoyed the '89 preshow. I'll refrain from comparing the two shows more than that. I look forward to see how Boston has improved their show soon! thumbup.gif

They are a classy organization.

Weren't Cadets in 89 the first group to really do a "pre-show" that moved directly into the actual show?

Weren't Cadets in 89 the first group to really do a "pre-show" that moved directly into the actual show?

Maybe... Did they do a pre show in '88 with their Third Symphony stuff?

Gosh, I think Cadets '89 was the first pre-show.

I'm sure someone older will correct us if we're wrong. tongue.gif

Maybe... Did they do a pre show in '88 with their Third Symphony stuff?

Gosh, I think Cadets '89 was the first pre-show.

I'm sure someone older will correct us if we're wrong. tongue.gif

I think we (Cadets) did do a pre-show in '88, but it may have been drill only. I seem to remember we came on the field in '88 reversing how we left in '87. Unfolded the box then turned around and went straight in to the show.

Please correct me if I'm remembering incorrectly!

Edited to add: I am wrong, we had music as well in '88 as a pre-show. I think it was part of Fanfare for the Common Man.

Edited by CuriousMe

I think they are both good adaptations in their own unique ways to their respective Corps... especially in the new visual age we are in today that require different treatments of the musical piece from 1989 and now today in 2011.

Edited by BRASSO

I think we (Cadets) did do a pre-show in '88, but it may have been drill only. I seem to remember we came on the field in '88 reversing how we left in '87. Unfolded the box then turned around and went straight in to the show.

Edited to add: I am wrong, we had music as well in '88 as a pre-show. I think it was part of Fanfare for the Common Man.

That sounds right. I only saw you in Marion, OH at the U.S. Open that year, but that show and year was pretty bad ###!

So maybe Garfield '88 was the first preshow, which would make '89 the second preshow...

I was a spectator in 88 and I think you are right...I think there was some sort of preshow in 88.....but maybe the 89 preshow sticks out in my head more just by the fact that it was SO effective. I remember watching it the first time and we were all pretty much just blown away by it.

I think that show had a lot of things in it that people considered innovative at the time

My impression of the '89 show is that the hit supposed to come right after the announcement, but it was several seconds too early at finals that year. Confirm or deny?

• Like 1