The Colts owe me a BIG apology!

52 replies and 45 green plus hits. Isn't that some sort of record since DCP began the plus/minus popularity contest?

And what about other shows? Anyone else been to a non-TOC where the crowd rocked as much as the corps did?

I'd love to hear more...

BozzlyB may be losing greenies, but he's a man of character and belief who hasn't backed down in the face of some considerable opposite opinion. Talk about what it takes to be that ONE guy in the room who disagrees. Impressive. And he's still even snarky about the popularity contest that's DCP. Gotta like that.

Tip-o-the-hat, BozzlyB.

• Like 1

I went to the Colts home show last night in Dubuque. And I'm sorry to say that I found myself completely entertained despite the fact that not one G8 corps was there. I thought that type of thing was NOT supposed to happen!! I think somebody owes me an apology.

It all started with the Colt Cadets. I knew those kids were up to no good the minute I heard the hot drum licks and saw their energetic marching. Then they had the gall to play music that entertained the crowd. Notorious indeed!

But it didn't stop there. Next came Teal Sound. And how were they? Well, lets just say they committed the 8th sin with their show - being entertaining! I took a few minutes to compose myself. "Maybe they just didn't get the memo," I thought. "Spirit is up next. Surely THEY know how it's supposed to be. They'll follow the rules and come out flat and dull like - wait a minute..."

Spirit was entertaining too! Then it just wouldn't stop... Glassmen? Entertaining. Madison? Entertaining. Boston? Entertaining. Colts? Entertaining. It was as if EVERY corps planned on being entertaining from the very beginning!! Dear God, what a disaster.

Oh, and I'm not the only one who was entertained. I looked around and all I could see were rows and rows of smiling faces. "Stop, STOP!" I cried, "This is NOT the way it's supposed to be!" But people just kept on enjoying the show and cheering for all the corps anyway. The poor fools.

So today I'm upset and a little worried. If this entertainment thing catches on with every corps that is not G8, well, I just don't think drum corps will ever be the same again. Heaven help us.

:rolleyes:

Oh, you're being sarcastic?

Gottcha...

:rolleyes:

Bozzly... I am convinced you are a mole of the TOC that is coming out of dormancy. the previous shows you attended were purely a cover for the actual mission that you have now been activated to carry out. I am sure that a phone call was made to a couple of men with expensive haircuts concerning the reception by the fans at the Colts show. You have sounded the alarm Entertainment !! Entertainment!! I sure it was greeted by gasps and OOOH NO !! Just like in the movie Major League, to prevent any further examples of this we will now see SOA, MADISON, BOSTON, GLASSMEN,COLTS riding in school busses, staying in shelters and juvenile detention centers. Meals reduced to twice a day , limitations placed on rehersal time in asphalt parking lots. Somehow I think it will all not work, because just like in the movie, everyone had too much fun...........