Cadets will win this year

I still think SCV is a real contender for 5th, maybe 4th if they get their show REALLY clean and add a bunch of stuff to enhance the story line.

I haven't seen SCV live, so I don't want to be unfair or biased. But based on what I've seen on FN and in person, the Vanguard has a long haul to catch the top four.

Edited by oldtimedrummer

And of course we're all aware of how historically The Cavaliers just fall apart in the 2 weeks prior to DCI Finals. Right?

Literally LMFAO at you numbies!

• Like 1

I marched that show and HATED it.

Tek, I like the show :) I think it had a great guard, a great brass book, and some great drill!

Cadets will win this year? That's a pretty bold statement.

Goose, it's time to buzz the tower :ph34r:

• Like 1

Cadets will win this year? That's a pretty bold statement.

I think they are more in the hunt than you think. I think performing 6th from the end last night did not work in their advantage... and they did not have a good show.

We'll see what happens tonight. Spots 2-4 are certainly up for grabs right now... the #1 spot will have to be fought for.

I think they are more in the hunt than you think. I think performing 6th from the end last night did not work in their advantage... and they did not have a good show.

We'll see what happens tonight. Spots 2-4 are certainly up for grabs right now... the #1 spot will have to be fought for.

i understand where you're coming from, but i still feel thats a very bold prediction seeing as how:

1) the (current) gap between them and the #1 spot is pretty big.

2) the chances of the cavaliers getting worse are slim to none

Do i like their show? Of course i do. Do i think they have a shot? Yes.

all i'm saying is they have a lot working against them right now.

i understand where you're coming from, but i still feel thats a very bold prediction seeing as how:

1) the (current) gap between them and the #1 spot is pretty big.

2) the chances of the cavaliers getting worse are slim to none

Do i like their show? Of course i do. Do i think they have a shot? Yes.

all i'm saying is they have a lot working against them right now.

Yes yes. Let it be known, I didn't start the thread, but I am as wishful of a thinker as any other Cadets fan/alumn! :smile:

Really? REALLY?? :blink:

Anyone with a pair of eyes and ears can tell which corps are better. You don't need to be a judge or be around this activity for a lifetime to see that. The fact is, this IS a competition. There are going to be winners and losers. If people can't take that fact, then maybe they should watch Sesame street where things are happy-go-lucky all the time.

Really? Really? Umm yes, I am stating that the "obvious" differences are not necessarily in execution but rather programming. Of course a corps that doesn’t move as much visually should sound really good compared to a corps such as the Cadets who is all over the place. It doesn’t mean that the Cadets aren’t good or the corps that doesn’t move as much is good. It’s a matter of, is the corps receiving the appropriate credit for what they are trying to do? Conversely, is a corps getting too much credit for doing (comparatively) nothing? This is where I struggle. I appreciate the Blue Devils musically. But feel their visual program is not on par with a lot of the other corps. Let’s go down a few points to the Regiment for example. To be honest, their visual program really isn’t much to write home about. But they are at least moving for most of their show in a fashion that places additional responsibilities on the performers. I can’t say this for BD. But they are getting the scores in visual that I don’t understand. Of course “proficiency” should be high, but why is the “design” score so high? Hey, I’m defending Cadets here! Why you busting my chops? I think they should and will be closer to Cavaliers than BD by seasons end. I also think Crown should round out the top three, but I just don’t see the “community” dropping BD to 4th, even if that’s what they deserve.

Of course it's a competition. However, when perception/reputation is taken into consideration, which I believe it is, then the playing field is not level, and some corps will be given more credit than they deserve while others will not. "Regiment has never had a decent visual program. Guess it's going to suck again this year." "BD's show designs have always been AWESOME! Guess it will be great again this year." Really? Really?

Don't make me rant again!

• Like 1