Crown's new ending

The ending prior to the encore is Freebird.

Well, there goes any hope for me enjoying the show. Does ANYONE actually like that song?

Could someone from BD, Madison Scouts, or a Rock Band please teach these kids how to hip thrust in a less "white" manner.

It is like leave it to beaver meets queen out there.

The way to do it less white is bend your knees, but that's hard to do while holding a brass instrument to your face. Even harder to do in the middle of marching, but there's not a lot of that in the show, so it's no excuse.

• Like 3

Well, there goes any hope for me enjoying the show. Does ANYONE actually like that song?

From my viewing of the WCU video, it looked like the Free Bird section amounted to just enough of a quote of the song to be recognizeable as the corps goes from the Crown formation to the Rach Star logo winged wheel formation. It's short enough that I wonder if they were even able to get the rights--it cuts off before the phrase is over.

Even harder to do in the middle of marching, but there's not a lot of that in the show, so it's no excuse.

WoW - Really? Not the show I have seen! I see them running and playing throughout the show, seems like trolling to me.

• Like 2

lighted up and be entertained. people have been yelling "FREEBIRD" during their encores for the last several years.....I think it's funny to add it along with the yell.

Yes, I agree, lighten up - Drum Corps is suppose to be fun, enjoy yourself just a little bit...

• Like 1

I think, if you go out to a concert, any rock concert will do, that you will hear at least one person yelling Free Bird. So yes, most people do like it, but I would be curious to hear the guitar solo portion performed with horns.

We all know, with a month left to go that this is probably not the real ending ... as performed at WCU ... where by the way it was about 91° (heat index) when that was filmed (and they did a couple of full run-thrus) ... wow!

I will tell you that they are "incredibly loud" during that "Boho-Paganini-Rach" encore moment.

Very cool to have "that black dude" :-) Herbert end his run with Crown at the top of that scaffolding (might he be wearing a crown on finals night?) ... and, I'm predicting a Gold medal as well!

Pun intended ... they are on fire!

Edited by ashevillemurphy

WoW - Really? Not the show I have seen! I see them running and playing throughout the show, seems like trolling to me.

He means there isn't any wailing on the move. BD and Scouts do this sometimes. What he's talking about is hard to describe... but it is like a knee bend, while marching, kind of like the spread and wail.

He means there isn't any wailing on the move. BD and Scouts do this sometimes. What he's talking about is hard to describe... but it is like a knee bend, while marching, kind of like the spread and wail.

I believe the proper term is mobilized sack drop. I'm not going into details on the technicalities.

MSD FTW!

• Like 1