Crown Guard

over written for a gym also i think....jmo

Please expand on this brief comment (here or PM). Really want to hear what you have to say.

IMO "overwritten" comment could certainly have been applied to years where Crown's guard didn't get clean. I don't think it applies to last year or (it appears so far) this year. Difficult work is only a liability if you can't spin it clean. This year's book is *really* musical, quite clean (for this time of year) and staged well.

There is a lot of "hyping" in this show. At various points there is a lot more hooting and hollaring than programming. then at other points the programming is just too much for them and they look as dirty as the floor of a steakhouse that serves peanuts.

BD's guard (ignoring the corps drill and boring show) is VERY good and very clean.

Cavies guard... well... I'm not a fan, especially with the stilt walking and stuff, but there is some good equipment work.

PR's guard has some serious movement that is going on and going on well. ALA 2001 BD.

SCV... they have Jenifo's flag work. Jenifo's flag work doesn't suck.

• Like 3

I agree with a couple of the other commenters.

I love Crown's Guard but I believe it is way too busy and overwritten.

Also, some of it is so intricate and personally I am unable to grasp all of what they are doing, which is so much, over one viewing.

I find myself going back and back to the videos and seeing so much more.

Where do they want my attention? Sometimes I feel like there is a pod over here doing this amazing work and another over here doing amazing work and another in the corner doing amazing work? My focus is all over the place trying to get in all in. Maybe I am just slow.

Cavaliers are the same in my opinion.

I think this would be so much more effective on a basketball court at WGI where you are so much closer to the guard but being in a stadium with a drum line and horn line and long distance I find it overwhelming.

Not to say that I don't think Crown's Guard is amazing!!!!

There is a lot of "hyping" in this show. At various points there is a lot more hooting and hollaring than programming. then at other points the programming is just too much for them and they look as dirty as the floor of a steakhouse that serves peanuts.

Again -- love to hear about these filthy dirty moments. Please expand on your generalization. What specific parts of the show are clearly "too much" for the performer and littered with dirt? (Of course allowing for the fact that there's a month left in the season -- I don't mean to suggest that Crown's guard is finals clean yet)

Edited by corpsband

Again -- love to hear about these filthy dirty moments. Please expand on your generalization. What specific parts of the show are clearly "too much" for the performer and littered with dirt?

-The unison rifle work at the beginning of the show. It always phases out of time. Probably because of the interval.

-The flag work at the opening hit... one bozo, almost always is completely phasing right by the 50.

-The flag toss, same hit.

-All the over the shoulder spins in the first hit.

And I've only watched the first 2 minutes of the show... most of which involves little or no guard work.

• Like 2

Well, I didn't see any bit of the show tonight because, well, I live in Texas for one and I sadly don't have 80 bucks to spend (my money went towards actual live dci shows). But with some posts I did notice that Herbert was getting a lot of hype... Now i'm not saying that the whole guard is depending on him but he does get a lot of hype on here (nothing wrong with that at all) Corpsband, maybe thats what some people are trying to say... But for getting 6th I don't know... I would have to watch it and find out...

• Like 1

-The unison rifle work at the beginning of the show. It always phases out of time. Probably because of the interval.

-The flag work at the opening hit... one bozo, almost always is completely phasing right by the 50.

-The flag toss, same hit.

-All the over the shoulder spins in the first hit.

And I've only watched the first 2 minutes of the show... most of which involves little or no guard work.

Are you talking about the pre-show? I haven't fire the fannetwork back up so I want to start at the right place....

Even so I can tell you're not applying the standards you set in your message -- you called out a single person in an ensemble moment . No way that can be can be called any of the descriptions you used. Just sayin'

Are you talking about the pre-show? I haven't fire the fannetwork back up so I want to start at the right place....

Even so I can tell you're not applying the standards you set in your message -- you called out a single person in an ensemble moment . No way that can be can be called any of the descriptions you used. Just sayin'

I called out one person, one time. The rest of it was across the board, bucko.

• Like 3