Pacific Crest

Well that's pretty dumb... Dci drops the ball again..

To each their own. I LOVE it!

Edited by jwscv87

What's the point of semis if Everyone makes it in? Everyone should make quarter, some should make semis, and the elite should make finals. Isn't this the point of competition? What's next? Everyone makes finals?

• Like 2

What's the point of semis if Everyone makes it in? Everyone should make quarter, some should make semis, and the elite should make finals. Isn't this the point of competition? What's next? Everyone makes finals?

Open Class corps are allowed to compete in Quarter finals....so I think it might be a safe bet to say that not every World Class corps has a free ride into semi's....depending on how many Open Class groups make the push

• Like 1

I heard from a former student who is marching Pacific Crest via Facebook post that they rewrote and learned around 30 pages of new drill last week....that could also explain something possibly

My bad. I thought 25 went to quarter finals and 17 went to semis?

Rules changed this year. Quarterfinals is now prelims, and all WC and OC and international corps are welcome to participate. Top 25 from prelims go to semis. Top 12 at semis go to finals.

I love PC's show from what I've seen, and I hope they stack up well against the competition. I think top 17 is in reach, but not top 12. They are definitely on the right track, though. Just give them some time. GO CREST!

Edited by skywhopper

How does this effet corps performances at the next regional? Since PC was not at MN will DCI take this score for them to determine corps performance order? If so, this means they will be going on AFTER corps like Colts, Glassmen, Spirit and even Troopers!

the biggest hurdle PC will face this season is that most corps in WC seem to have improved so any improvements they have made are negated by the corps above & around them.

The monster fight for 12th place illustrates the general improvement perfectly.

• Like 1

How does this effet corps performances at the next regional? Since PC was not at MN will DCI take this score for them to determine corps performance order? If so, this means they will be going on AFTER corps like Colts, Glassmen, Spirit and even Troopers!

I believe they would be going by the score from that days show (07/16) in Ontario, CA. If going by that scorewise they'd only be going on after Colts and Crossmen in relation to the big MN show. I know they do the 3 groupings thing so it might be different. The Academy, Mandarins, Jersey Surf, and I believe Pioneer didn't have shows that day. How are they factored in

I have seen PC many times this year, from Sneak Preview to Bellflower. Very improved Drum Corps. PC did a major rewrite of one of their movements and had some musical changes throughout their show, and they added a lot of visuals to the hornline. Twist is very twisty and tasty now. The Ballad still needs some more Dynamic contrast which I am sure they will reach in a week or two. The opening trumpet soloist needs to play out more, he/she sounds weak and timid until the trio comes in. Great Low Brass line! Some really cool things are coming out of the 12 Contras. They are getting some good volume out of the hornline, but they(horns) are lacking confidence while marching. Funky marching style and not everyone is following it. Right now, they are a Great standstill hornline. The Guard had some drill changes as well and they improved as a "Whole" Guard, no one really sticks out anymore. The Battery and Pit are coming together. Best Battery and drum book that I can remember from PC. PC had over a week off from the other World Class Corps and did a lot of cleaning and rewrites. I look forward to seeing them compete this weekend. After seeing the others, Troopers, Colts, Academy, Spirit etc...."online", I think PC deserved their score, but I know it was slightly inflated. I don't think they will make Finals, probably 14th/16th with an 84. Still, I would love to see those kids make finals. This Corps is doing it right and the kids look like they are having fun. Keep it up PC!

-G