Battle on the Border VIII

P.S. I'll give the Blue Stars a compliment while I'm at it. I watched them on the fan network this morning and DANG their drumline is incredible. No doubt they deserved to win percussion last night. Seriously, good job kids.

After your posting history, you're gonna try to offer an olive branch?

Just a few posts after another Blue Star stab?

Really?

fail-plane.jpg

• Like 1

LOL Corpsband, love the Fail Plane can I get aboard....

If one offers an "olive branch", isn't it better to accept it than to turn ones back on it? How will any of us ever move forward if we don't?

• Like 6

For the record - I have never stabbed or bashed the Blue Stars THEMSELVES...OR....their show. Rather, my stabs have been against their fans on DCP who go over the top with bashing other corps in their efforts to make their corps look better. Unfortunately, all it's done is paint a negative image on the corps. Thankfully, I chose to look past it a couple of posts up and realize that the kids are doing great despite their rabid fans. Maybe more of us on here should take the same approach.

• Like 2

Wisconsin corps doing well is a good thing in my book!

• Like 3

After your posting history, you're gonna try to offer an olive branch?

Just a few posts after another Blue Star stab?

Really?

fail-plane.jpg

I didn't see any jabs at the Blue Stars themselves - only at the over the top fans on DCP. It's tough for them because since their resurgence into world class they have always beaten the Scouts. I really don't remember any Scouts fans trashing the Blue Stars because they were doing so well before. (OK I did refer to them as the Gray Stars last year :tongue: but that was commentary on the gray uniforms)- Wow - only about 2 minutes till CorpsBand "redded" me! Awesome!

Edited by SFZFAN
  • Like 5

I really don't remember any Scouts fans trashing the Blue Stars because they were doing so well before.

Lol.. youve been one of the most constistently anti-blue stars posters on dcp the last couple years..

And i find it funny when scouts fans talk about 'blue stars rabid fans'... really? There's like 5 blue stars that post on here at all. Meanwhile, if you post anything not absolutely glowing about the scouts on here, wait about 30 seconds and your post will be descended upon by the madison-borg. Hell, even when they first got their new staff, anyone that said, hey, wait a minute, top 6 isnt just going to happen in one year (and of course it didnt.. yet some were ridiculously predicting it) got plenty of flames, and one even felt it necessary to start sending harassing facebook messages and such.

Granted, boywonder is a bit over the top sometimes... but for every one of him, there are 5 madison fans as much if not worse. And i'll be honest, what some of you claim blue stars fans have done for your opinion of the corps, madison fans have done for my opinion of that corps. I used to be a huge madison fan back in the day.

• Like 5

Fans of a corps shouldn't change anyone's perception of the corps itself. The corps hardly has control over their fans, for goodness sake. So the inability to separate one from the other is the problem.

And what's wrong with fans (alums) of a corps defending that corps? I think most of us fall into the "rabid, die-hard" category of fandom. I think it's kinda to be expected. If you're seeking out those confrontations by bagging on a corps, you kinda deserve what you get and it's unfair to lay that at the feet at the people you're trolling, IMO. I see a lot of people doing that in Scouts threads on here. Don't see a lot of Scout fans trolling Blue Stars threads though.

• Like 2