Battle on the Border VIII

Are you claiming some evil intent or some conspiratorial work at play ? What exactly does your " observation " seem to tell you about the delay, as I'm not getting your point.

Mainly a joke, but who knows. It's modern society, anything could happen. :tongue:

Madison Scouts have a higher score than SCV has gotten so far this year.

It's not head to head competition, but the season is getting more interesting by the minute.

I'm loving this year so many great corps, very entertaining!

Very proud of Pioneer tonight. Better Every Day!

I never realized the acronym for "Better Every Day" is B.E.D., which would seem contrary to the way you get "Better Every Day". lol Well, I guess that depends on what you are attempting to become better doing. :tongue:

• Like 1

Okay im not saying that BK doesnt deserve to be beating my stars, but by over a point!? I am officially saying that I am upset. Like really? Befor they made huge changes to their show, BS were climing closer to Madison anyway, then when they made huge changes that everyone called for, they got really close to madison, and relatively close to SCV, but then bam! Minneapolis hits, suddenly, were a point behind madison, boston climbed over us, and BK was right on our heal, then bam the next meeting we have with BK they beat stars by more than a point, and madison is over 2 points on top? Once again to clarify, I am not saying that these corps are worse than stars or dont deserve to beat them, but this is getting really frustrating. And yes, I am speaking as a ticked off, and very passionate alumn. So sue me. But befor you do that, can someone help me understand?

Edited by TubaJon
  • Like 1

Okay im not saying that BK doesnt deserve to be beating my stars, but by over a point!? I am officially saying that I am upset. Like really? Befor they made huge changes to their show, BS were climing closer to Madison anyway, then when they made huge changes that everyone called for, they got really close to madison, and relatively close to SCV, but then bam! Minneapolis hits, suddenly, were a point behind madison, boston climbed over us, and BK was right on our heal, then bam the next meeting we have with BK they beat stars by more than a point!? Once again to clarify, I am not saying that these corps are worse than stars or dont deserve to beat them, but this is getting really frustrating. And yes, I am speaking as a ticked off, and very passionate alumn. So sue me. But befor you do that, can someone help me understand?

Agreed. These scores since minneapolis make zero sense to me, both in terms of past scores and what ive seen in live viewings. The momentum before and after minneapolis took a 180 degree turn.

Edited by AlexL

Okay im not saying that BK doesnt deserve to be beating my stars, but by over a point!? I am officially saying that I am upset. Like really? Befor they made huge changes to their show, BS were climing closer to Madison anyway, then when they made huge changes that everyone called for, they got really close to madison, and relatively close to SCV, but then bam! Minneapolis hits, suddenly, were a point behind madison, boston climbed over us, and BK was right on our heal, then bam the next meeting we have with BK they beat stars by more than a point!? Once again to clarify, I am not saying that these corps are worse than stars or dont deserve to beat them, but this is getting really frustrating. And yes, I am speaking as a ticked off, and very passionate alumn. So sue me. But befor you do that, can someone help me understand?

I understand how you feel. But remember, this is a marathon and not a sprint. Tomorrow night scores might line up more like they did a week ago. Never can tell. Scouts jumped 2 points from their last show and BK are up 3. That seems more an anomaly rather than the norm. I know Scouts also made some changes to clean up the drum solo section, so that might be accounting for some of it? Who really knows?

Agreed. These scores since minneapolis make zero sense to me, both in terms of past scores and what ive seen in live viewings. The momentum before and after minneapolis took a 180 degree turn.

DCI scores and placements are like the weather.

If you don't like the weather, just wait a day or two

If you don't like DCI the scores and spreads, just wait a day or two.

• Like 1

I think that's a great analogy! Judges differ place to place.. BK beat Boston by a full point last week but got two pointed almost by them last night. Tonight they're .9 behind Madison and over Bstars! Things seem to change and I'm betting these corps will leapfrog for a while. Corps 8-11 this summer are all at similar levels. Lots of parity in DCI this year. I think SCV would absolutely be in this discussion if their drill and drumline was not as good as they are! This maybe the best set of corps 1-17 Dci has seen in a long time or maybe ever!

Wes P

• Like 1

BK beat Boston by a full point last week but got two pointed almost by them last night. Tonight they're .9 behind Madison and over Bstars!

Could it be that we may have gotten so used to slotting that now that we are actually (potentially?) getting "...on any given night...", we are flipping out? No more little yellow slips of paper? Wasn't part of the Cesario re-working to push for something more like this? Perhaps as the judges have more free reign to NOT slot, their own individual preferences are starting to show up more?

Could it be that we may have gotten so used to slotting that now that we are actually (potentially?) getting "...on any given night...", we are flipping out? No more little yellow slips of paper? Wasn't part of the Cesario re-working to push for something more like this? Perhaps as the judges have more free reign to NOT slot, their own individual preferences are starting to show up more?

That would be blasphomy!