So, which is it?

Which is it?  

72 members have voted

1. 1. Which is it?

• Slotting sucks!
    • Inconsistent judging sucks!
    • Who cares? It's drum corps season!

People have been complaining for years about the percieved "slotting" of corps. Now I read complaints about corps moving all over the rankings*.

So, which is it? Which one is the "right" one?

Have at it!

Garry in Vegas

* I put rankings in quotes because Saturday will be the first meeting of all the World Class corps (minus Jersey Surf). Any rankings before that are purely speculative.

"On any given night, the best team can and should win."

-Mark Thurston

In this activity, however, just because the fans and judges don't see eye to eye doesn't mean that the judges are wrong. They are possibly looking at and for two different things.

• Like 1

-Mark Thurston

In this activity, however, just because the fans and judges don't see eye to eye doesn't mean that the judges are wrong. They are possibly looking at and for two different things.

QFT.

You know, there were many a post in which one or another would claim there was no slotting, only an adherence to the sheets. Hm. Interesting.... Now the volatility has spurred some uncertainty in rankings. I like it. :thumbup:

It does make it hard to argue about who "deserves" to be where and who is getting "screwed" by the big conspiracy theory of DCI slotting and judge favoritism. But being DCP, we're still trying. :tongue:

I think its a bit of both. Judges might have a bit looser reins this year, at the same time there have been some massive swings in caption scores\margins that i have a hard time believing was just the result of an exceptionally bad night in some of the scores.

I like the unpredictability, the "any corps could win" type event - but it is wreaking havoc on our fantasy league! :tongue:

-Mark Thurston

and even better, this year we are seeing judges judge their sheet and only their sheet, not just names.