What does Deborah Torchia have against the Cavaliers?

Backwards bent leg marching comes across as a squat, regardless of what staff members say. And yes, they do use the phrase 'drop and move'.

And we've already established I like it and think it works for the cavaliers. So try to contrive what I'm saying into an attack. Stock.

I just asked someone on visual staff there if they would ever say that... his response was "H*LL NO."

• Like 2

Cavaliers don't squat and march backwards. In my 5 years of marching, i NEVER heard a staff member say to "squat to march backwards" they actually discourage that.

The only time you have a level change is doing a jazz run. Which they only do at 4 to 5.

don't pretend like you know their style of marching.

But i'm sure you're gonna have some witty comeback statement on this so whatever.

i think what he is trying to say, in short, is that the bent knee tech. does make Cavies marchers about and inch or 2 shorter than someone of the straight leg technique. Thats simple geometry. Whats taller? I or >

Edited by TubaJon
  • Like 1

Backwards bent leg marching comes across as a squat, regardless of what staff members say. And yes, they do use the phrase 'drop and move'.

And we've already established I like it and think it works for the cavaliers. So try to contrive what I'm saying into an attack. Stock.

I just got up and did a backwards march. It's funny, but i don't recall ever having to "drop and move" to do the technique that was asked of us.

If you do the technique right then it's not going to come across as squatting. That's what sets the Cavaliers from the high schools that try and mimic it.

Did you march there? No i didn't think so. So i don't think you should pretend to know about what goes in on this, or any other corps. Sir.

Edited by YogiBear
  • Like 3

i think what he is trying to say, in short, is that the bent knee tech. does make Cavies marchers about and inch or 2 shorter than someone of the straight leg technique. Thats simple geometry. Whats taller? Ior >

Well i think he should've found a better way to say it.

Just like i don't pretend to know everything about blue stars, he shouldn't assume he knows what goes on over there.

I just asked someone on visual staff there if they would ever say that... his response was "H*LL NO."

EXACTLY

They want the complete opposite.

As a side note, lets move this to PM if you'd like to converse or attack me. I like the rational, real conversation on the subject.

I also don't want Lance or Bawker to pull this. I know the judging threads are a sticky situation for them to begin with, and if things get personal here, it only serves to get it pulled faster while some are trying to have a legitimate conversations about the sheets, criterion, why people get certain views of them, etc.

• Like 3

Maybe I've been over there.

"Being over there" doesn't count at all.

But i've seen some of your posts on here, so i feel like i should take everything you say with a grain of salt.

• Like 1

i think what he is trying to say, in short, is that the bent knee tech. does make Cavies marchers about and inch or 2 shorter than someone of the straight leg technique. Thats simple geometry. Whats taller? I or >

...only when both knees are bent at the same time. You can be just as tall with one knee bent and the other leg straight. Just sayin' ;)