Lewisburg

tentative schedule

-arriving around 3pm friday

-friday rehearsal 4:30-8:30pm

-saturday rehearsal 9-11:30am, 12:30-3pm

can ya stretch to say 4?

:tongue:

Back in the 60's this show was sponsored by the Milton Keystoners. Alumni of the corps are recognized each year as well.

At least one of those early 60s shows was recorded. The Fleetwood "Brass, Chrome, & Gold" album has the field intro to Archies show that starts "The Keystoners proudly present...". Too bad there isn't a year on the album.

Edited by JimF-LowBari

At least one of those early 60s shows was recorded. The Fleetwood "Brass, Chrome, & Gold" album has the field intro to Archies show that starts "The Keystoners proudly present...". Too bad there isn't a year on the album.

You have the album? ... play it and let us know the rep they're playing ... we can figure out the year from there ...

:-)

You have the album? ... play it and let us know the rep they're playing ... we can figure out the year from there ...

:-)

Thanks Andy, have it on CD somewhere and will listen then. Album also has Cabs, Reilly and Prince with no years on any of them.

Ironic that you responded as thanks to you I found out the Cabs recording is 1960 AL. Know it because you sent me that recording a few years back (forget why) as I recognized the field intro ("Post Number One... Nine.... Nine... from Hawthorne, NJ.... the Caballeros..).

As background: Fleetwood re-released this in the 70s as the start of a series of old show albums. Then a few months later they had the fire that wiped everything out. LOL, this is the album that got me hooked on shows from before my time.

Edited by JimF-LowBari

Fantastic stuff! Two older brothers and an uncle marched with the Keystoners in the 60's, but not that early in the decade.

Yeah Fran. Now all we need is for you to do the announcing and it would be a perfect night.

Yeah Fran. Now all we need is for you to do the announcing and it would be a perfect night.

Thank you for the compliment... but I have the night off. :tongue:

Thank you for the compliment... but I have the night off. :tongue:

that guy is so old you may want to be on standby

And on the Yankee Rebels' album from the early 1960's (the one with that gorgeous full color picture), there is also a recording apparently from Lewisburg. The announcer introduces them by saying: "The Keystoners welcome back to this Cavalcade, the corps from the Chesapeake Bay, ladies and gentlemen, Maryland's own, The Yankee Rebels!"

I listened to that album countless times and can still hear that announcement in my head! :thumbup:

The last time I was at the Lewisburg show was 1967 as ADM with Wink. Dom Tambone and Chickie Farrell had to work that Saturday so Lefty flew them up. The plane was delayed. We're standing on the starting line (remember that thing?) waiting to start our show. Chickie and Dom come walking into the stadium with their garment bags over their shoulders. We got one side of the horn line surround Dom and the other side surround Chickie. They changed on the field. I think Swan said something like, "Let's wait til he's in his underwear and walk away". Anyway they got changed, we did our show AND no late penalty. :rolleyes:

Fran tells the USMC will be there. Just may come up.

Edited by NYSkyliner