Men Without Hats

While we're on the subject of plumes, is there a reason Cadets' demons have smaller plumes than the angels? Or is it an optical illusion?

Yeah, my wife & I both made the same comment when we saw them on the MN FN webcast. The angels appear taller than the demons, because of their plumes.

All age corps, the Empire Statesmen, don't wear hats and it is pretty effective. It fits their showy style well.

Renegades don't either. And I loved not having to deal with a shako/aussie etc... those 2 years I marched with them!

Maybe you mean:

bob4.gif

Or:

loom_t6.jpg

Hmmmmm, I hadn't thought of those. I'm going to go back to bed and work this out in my sleep.

Haha, I never thought I'd see you write those words.... But I'm not sure on the plumes. Maybe George could pop in and answer the question? Not sure what the point would be of ordering them a different size would be though....

I've just written him about this and expect he'll respond. As for never expecting me to write "full and fluffy" in public, I shudder to think for what that might be a gateway phrase.

George did respond and state the plumes are the same, just a different color. I will now spend the rest of the season trying to figure out why I perceive them as different.

George did respond and state the plumes are the same, just a different color. I will now spend the rest of the season trying to figure out why I perceive them as different.

IT's the same way that lighter versus darker colors work in fashion. The eye is drawn to the lighter shade, while the eye is drawn to the space around the darker object. It's the way that black clothes are supposed to be slimming. When you look at a white plume, (Like BD's), it will naturally look much larger than a black plume like say, BK. Just one of those tricks the eyes play with color. Physics and light principles are fun huh?

IT's the same way that lighter versus darker colors work in fashion. The eye is drawn to the lighter shade, while the eye is drawn to the space around the darker object. It's the way that black clothes are supposed to be slimming. When you look at a white plume, (Like BD's), it will naturally look much larger than a black plume like say, BK. Just one of those tricks the eyes play with color. Physics and light principles are fun huh?

Now I'm scared.