Prelims LIVE streaming

Should we stream it???  

100 members have voted

1. 1. We're considering streaming the World Championship Prelims LIVE this year as a pay-per-view event. Call it the DCA Fan Network. What do you think?

• Great idea! I'm in!
    • No, thanks.

With the streaming I've done for the DCI Fan Network, you just view the video in your browser (Safari, Firefox, Chrome, etc.) ... that's it!

To watch on my TV, I just hook my laptop to my TV using a DVI cable (your TVs may vary, so you might need some sort of converter), and then I just start the video in the browser and open it to full screen.

VoilĂ !

I'm sure that if DCA streams anything, they will have appropriate instructions on how to view.

so,...........what happens at the venue,............a seperate set of cameras and mics,..............?

so,...........what happens at the venue,............a seperate set of cameras and mics,..............?

Depends. The events I've done for DCI we just have one (high) camera and the video output is both streamed live, and captured to tape & computer. So when I post the videos to the DCIFN they are the same exact views from the live stream, both video and audio.

If there is a multi-cam video shoot, there will be (obviously) multiple cameras, feeding into a video switcher and a person selects which view to broadcast in real time. Or, like DCI did, they can stream a mixed video on one channel, and a high-cam on another channel. In a multi-cam shoot, the audio is only captured by one source and used no matter what camera is selected.

Hope that helps!

As a hardcore DCI fan and ultra-casual DCA fan, I'd be interested if the price was right.

Mike

$19.95 for 21 corps... sign up now!

This is a HUGE and WONDERFUL development. And what a bargain! Congrats and THANKS to Gil, Glen, Mike, and the others who have worked hard to put this together and make it a reality.

Edited by K2SMA