Prototype judging system explained

so, IMO, not really a lot of info to get or grasp other than it may not be this in a year if at all

Well that really did not explain the sheets at all. When are we going to get DCI to explain what the new sheets mean?

Well that really did not explain the sheets at all. When are we going to get DCI to explain what the new sheets mean?

I misprinted the title of this thread and will ask the mods to change it. I should have written "Prototype judging system explained, not "Prototype judging sheets explained." My mistake.

The sheets weren't explained because what we have now may or may not be what will be presented in January at the DCI Annual Meeting. The system is the important thing here. The sheets will be altered and improved to fit the system.

Sorry for the confusion. It was a bad choice of words and I should have caught that, but didn't.

I think the assumption in the article was that once these are adopted by DCI in January, then we'd get some outreach on what these mean.

Mike

Yes. That will go for whatever system is adopted, if any. The sheets will be forthcoming to meet the requirements of whatever system we'll have come next year.

16 subcategories, 8-12 judges. no matter how much they change the phrasing, judging will always have the same amount of controversy after every single score is announced.

the "design" captions are beyond bizarre.

• Like 1

Could the following statement from the article be explained more fully?

"It is felt by many that what we currently have is the most effective system for judging corps from the past. Corps performance levels have advanced so far that the corps have outgrown the systems created to reward their efforts."

Thanks, Boo!

Given the TOC numbers and rankings, I feel like this is mostly just about putting new labels on the existing system. However, given that the existing system is completely opaque, then:

Comprehensive materials will be developed and distributed, providing direction on how to properly use the sheets, fully explaining each caption in “plain English” terms. These materials will be published in digital form, making it easier to share with the community of drum corps fans who wish to dig deeper into the system.

If this actually happens, :thumbup:.