I'm tired of the Blue Devils hating...

I know, I try not to divulge, keep a slight bit of secrecy on here. :thumbup:

Thanks for the nice comments though.

I know....I know (yelling like a 3rd grader waving his arm)!!!

But I ain't sayin' (also 3rd grader)! :ph34r:

My view (perhaps not yours) is that people in 09 and 10 wanted someone (anyone) else to win!

Yes...a good number of people didn't want to see BD win in 2009 and 2010...and you know why...if you step back, read and absorb the reasons...you can easily see that people did not like their show selections (design).

How many times have we read out here that BD was wicked talented in 2010....but people didn't like the show design (mainly musical choices/design)....?

• Like 1

I know....I know (yelling like a 3rd grader waving his arm)!!!

But I ain't sayin' (also 3rd grader)! :ph34r:

But you're not telling. :tongue: I told him over PM, I just don't put it out on the main pages. I try and not let too much go, just easier to operate on here without people knowing too much about me.

Great job to the Devs tonight on the show. Just hope they don't rest on their laurels, I want to see a fight here to the end. (I hate watching from the sidelines, so it better at least be exciting)

But you're not telling. :tongue: I told him over PM, I just don't put it out on the main pages. I try and not let too much go, just easier to operate on here without people knowing too much about me.

Great job to the Devs tonight on the show. Just hope they don't rest on their laurels, I want to see a fight here to the end. (I hate watching from the sidelines, so it better at least be exciting)

I'm hearing that! And the 3 C's are mad good this year and this is no one's championship yet.....by a mile!

I'm hearing that! And the 3 C's are mad good this year and this is no one's championship yet.....by a mile!

Not even close! Finals is going to crash both the DCI and DCP servers as people wait for scores. It's going to be crazy. I have my opinions, I want Cadets, but it's going to be fun no matter who wins this year!

You and I both know that since 07 there is a definate ABBD thing going on and it comes to fruition on finals night with the announcements. My view (perhaps not yours) is that people in 09 and 10 wanted someone (anyone) else to win! It's our nature as competitive people. Then by extension for a multitude of reasons we beat up the winner with analysis and innuendo. I personally can't consider that legitimate criticism, it's more like therapy. But you're a good guy and you know your ####. I just don't understand the comments about BD homers and the "god-like" MM stuff. It just isn't that way at all.....I know up close and personal.

Well of course there's going to be the ABBD thing. That's par for the course for ANY corps that sits on top for this amount of time. You guys ##### about it, but I'd embrace it. It means you're successful.

Where you and I differ is the "why" behind it. There are BD homers. Just as there are homers for every other corps out there. Hell.. I'm a homer. But I can admit it. And I can also admit when my corps has short-comings or needs for improvement.

In BD's case, any criticisms to short-comings on design or whatever are immediately chalked up to the ABBD/"hater" argument you make. In your eyes, the corps has no short comings, hasn't had any since 2007, and anyone that says differently is in the ABBD crowd because it's just not humanly possibly not to like or respect the products they've fielded since 2007.

I'm sorry, but that's not reality. I have criticisms of their show. Others do too. Just like many people slammed Cadets (often rightly so) in their narration phase. Who's right and who's wrong is in the eye of the argument maker. I say what BD does is easy. You say what they do is hard. And we go round and round.

Bottom line. BD won tonight. Congrats to them. Two weeks left to go in the season.

• Like 1

Yes...a good number of people didn't want to see BD win in 2009 and 2010...and you know why...if you step back, read and absorb the reasons...you can easily see that people did not like their show selections (design).

How many times have we read out here that BD was wicked talented in 2010....but people didn't like the show design (mainly musical choices/design)....?

Well let's just say "some" people. And some are going back and viewing it again with different perceptions. i personally see BD10 as a "legendary design" (visually and musically) that will rival many other great DC designs in history.

Well let's just say "some" people. And some are going back and viewing it again with different perceptions. i personally see BD10 as a "legendary design" (visually and musically) that will rival many other great DC designs in history.

Agreed. And I'm one of them (although don't count me a full convert just yet).

But I think you marginalize the crowd with your quotations.

Just my opinion of course.

• Like 1

I posted this in another forum topic, but perhaps this is the better place. I just don't "get" the BD show this year. How do the props, music, drill, and other elements relate to the theme? I just don't see any connections between any of the elements. Am I just too dense to get it? Please feel free to enlighten me.

• Like 1