Erie August 7th

Did Copland use any of Muted and Sensuous for his 2nd symphony? Some of the melodies are recognizable.

Here's that lovely baritone solo at the end of the ballad, gorgeous.

Crossmen must be playing their whole show for Spirit. I'm betting Spirit will return the favor.

Excellent control from the bari soloist and the trumpets to open the closer.

I just noticed Crossmen have a patch on their right shoulder. I'm too far to make it out. Can one of you tell me what it is?

We're on a brief intermission and will be back with the Troopers in about 15 minutes.

I believe the patch is a tribute to Scotty "Freebird" Wheeler. He was the Senior Lead Driver for the Crossmen who passed away unexpectedly back in November.

This show is full of Trooper pride. Here comes my favorite part.

Nice. Instead of saluting during the Chord That Goes Forever, the DM pulls his sword from his sheath and salutes the crowd with it instead.

• Like 1

By the way, we were warned of the possibility of severe weather coming our way. The sky is getting grayer outside the stadium, but there's a chance it could pass us by.

Radar doesn't look promising....

The final chord from the back corner of the field is haunting and a gorgeous way to end the show.

Can Crossmen playing for Spirit be heard while Troopers are performing their show? :sad:

Radar doesn't look promising....

Wind's picking up, too.

DrumCorpsNation DrumCorps Nation

Troopers: seemed to lack some energy tonight. They've turned down the goo, thankfully. I just can't get into this show.

I'm at the stadium right now (enjoying Boston's run through. Jealous? :D ) and I can tell you why the crowd is dead: The stands have only ELEVEN rows. Corps would have to drop their horn levels to 5 degrees and almost eliminate box level for the entire show to avoid their sound going OVER the fans.

Yup, this is a problem I remember from last year. Not only is the sound not hitting the audience the way it's supposed to, but forget getting a good read on the visuals. I was sitting on Side 1, behind and to the side of a chain-link fence (what that's doing up in the stands, I have no idea), and couldn't see anything to my right. So it is not a great venue for a show, unfortunately.